Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Need some fault finding help. The Kuga decided to run away with me, combusting on the engine oil.

Codes were pointing to excessive soot accumulation. It’s had a new turbo, new DPF as that was blocked solid, new exhaust pressure sensor, pipes from the DPF to the pressure sensor have had air blasted through and are clear.

The pre cat has been taken off and inspected, all clear.

Yet the pressure reading at the front of the DPF is still massively high.

Going to take the ERG valve off tonight and have a look at that, but the codes don’t suggest anything is wrong with the ERG valve.

Can’t get the car to do a forced regen either.

Any suggestions on what else to look at or try? I’m a self taught DIY guy so please keep the lingo simple!!!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
If your car has started to eat its own oil then you have diesel in the oil and you need to do an oil change. If you leave it the engine will blow up. Not sure if there is a vaporiser on the MK1 but on my Mazda 6 the fault causing it not to regenerate was I think the oxygen sensor. It's a small rectangular block with 2 vacuum pipes and an electrical cable and was position on the bulkhead in the engine bay. On the Kuga I think it's attached to the battery tray. They are not expensive and worth changing to see if it's that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply and the suggestions. However, I have already changed the oil and the oil filter. I believe the oxygen sensor you refer to it the pressure sensor that I’ve already changed as this was fitted to the battery box.

took the erg valve off last night and all seems in working order. Going to get a mate to plug his scanner in and see if it’s functioning correctly.

At a loss otherwise so more suggestions are welcome 🙂

·
Registered
398 Posts
OK, had a think and really does look like failed regens causing excess oil in the sump. You still have high pressure drop across the DPF so the points to either your new DPF or Sensor being faulty, or an electrical connection issue to the sensor.

What is your pressure reading with the engine running?
What is the reading with the engine stopped?
Do you see any change as the revs change?

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts