Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kuga mk1 titanium 4wd tdci powershift white
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have been experiencing the smell of exhaust fumes in the cabin.
I have looked over the other posts on the forum and mine seems to be along the same lines as others.
Took the car to a local independent garage as the used car warranty doesn't cover exhaust leaks as I assumed this was the problem and didn't want to pay main dealer prices.
After a hour they diagnosed it as an injector leak and to return back to the dealer as this is a warranty claim and to save my money, nice to have an honest garage these days.
So booked the car in to the selling dealer ( a vauxhall dealer) don't ask.With a report from the independent.
They immediately dismissed the report and told me that I would need to pay for an hours diagnostics (£100 plus vat) and that any work needed to be done would be at my expense, Unless it was proved to be a fault and the warranty would cover it. Oh and no courtesy car as it is a used car warranty. But as I want the car fixed I left it with them so they could work on it the nextday.

It took them all day to go over the car and to phone to say that there are two injectors at fault and some fuel pipe work is damaged. As they are a vauxhall dealer they cannot do this for me as they do kit have the tooling or know how. Fair enough.
But could I pick the car up as they will need to wait for the warranty to confirm it can be booked it in to a Ford dealer and they don't have any room on site to keep it. Oh and to pay the diagnostics fee and claim this from the warranty company when the claim is settled.
At this point I sort of kicked off and told them that the car will be with them as it is not road worthy and I don't want it back until its fixed and that I expect an update tomorrow morning on the warranty claim

So I am now kuga less for a while, but now understand why I have been feeling ill and suffering bad headaches. So guys if your car smells like exhaust is getting in the car get your injectors seals checked.

Will update on the repair/ warranty process as it happens
Martin

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
2,391 Posts
Hi @Bigwhitewhale,

Why not pop over to our Newbies Section and introduce yourself, while you’re there, you can read the Site Rules. Details can be found here…..Newbies

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
1,187 Posts
Hi @Bigwhitewhale and welcome to the forum. That diagnosis sounds a bit suspect to me, your saying exhaust fumes and they are saying injectors. If the injector leak of pipes are leaking onto exhaust what you are smelling is unburnt diesel. If it’s as bad as you claim the underneath of the vehicle will be soaked in fuel. Have you checked.

·
Registered
2012 Kuga mk1 titanium 4wd tdci powershift white
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

No fuel leaking under the car.
I have been shown that injector 3 and 4 are blowing by with exhaust. Both are a coppery colour where the exhaust gases have passed by eroding the copper seals. Makes a weird chuffing sound.
Injectors are on order and hopefully the car back next week

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,762 Posts
Hi

No fuel leaking under the car.
I have been shown that injector 3 and 4 are blowing by with exhaust. Both are a coppery colour where the exhaust gases have passed by eroding the copper seals. Makes a weird chuffing sound.
Injectors are on order and hopefully the car back next week
I have had that before and only injector seals required replacing.

Reactions: starbuck88
1 - 5 of 5 Posts