Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Has anyone ever had to replace the exhaust after treatment glow plug on an AWD Mk1 Kuga?

I've had a number of issues of the last couple of years with the DPF. Majority of these have been fixed now, but have one last code appearing when running Forscan, P269F. That points to the exhaust after treatment glow plug.

I Googled it and found a couple of videos on how to do it on a Focus and a Mondeo. They said to remove a plate to give you easier access to the DPF.

There is no "plate" on the Mk1, but the front subframe is in the way of the DPF.

Any hints or tips appreciated.

Johnny

·
Registered
2020 Kuga ST Line 1.5 EcoBoost
11 Posts
Hi,

Has anyone ever had to replace the exhaust after treatment glow plug on an AWD Mk1 Kuga?

I've had a number of issues of the last couple of years with the DPF. Majority of these have been fixed now, but have one last code appearing when running Forscan, P269F. That points to the exhaust after treatment glow plug.

I Googled it and found a couple of videos on how to do it on a Focus and a Mondeo. They said to remove a plate to give you easier access to the DPF.

There is no "plate" on the Mk1, but the front subframe is in the way of the DPF.

Any hints or tips appreciated.

Johnny
Hi,
I had a 2011 Mondeo which cam up with the fault "insufficient temperature during attempted regen" or something similar.
I removed the Vapouriser (Blimmin tight!!) and stripped it as it was clogged.
I removed and tested the glowplug, rebuilt it and did a static regen. All seemed OK.
After a while I noticed a whiff of Diesel when I got out. When I checked it had started leaking diesel from the Glowplug.

My advice would be to either bite the bullet and buy a new one, or next best thing (Which I did) was buy a used one!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Kevmond,
I have bought a new vapourisor/glow plug, but just can't see a way to get it fitted because of the subframe being in the way.

Johnny

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So after replacing the glow plug, the fault still exists.
A neighbour who works for the RAC came over earlier with his diagnostics tablet. Have checked all the associated fuses and relays, and he also tested the DPF and pressure sensor. All were fine.

Code coming up when using Forscan, and his tablet, is

P269F:73-72 Exhaust Aftertreatment Glow Plug Circuit / Open.
Additional fault symptom - Actuator stuck / closed.

He suspects a possible wiring fault. Said he will have a look at it, but looks like I will be cancelling my MOT on Saturday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts