Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I got a text a few days ago from the dealer I purchased my Kuga from. This is what it said.......

"Save fuel with correctly inflated tyres 20% under-inflation uses 3% more fuel, free tyre check at your Ford Dealer. Call ##### 328522 Evans Halshaw"

What a revelation eh, I must rush over there without delay!
After checking my tyre pressures of course as it's appox a 60 mile round trip!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi granville_kuga,

Your such a sceptic!

Surely you aren't suggesting their text to me was nothing more than a thinly veiled marketing ploy to sell me tyres?!?

They are honest decent guys who only have my best interests (and those of my tyres & mpg) at heart!

Regards JezEdited by: Dozers Dad

·
Registered
42 Posts
v
Hi granville_kuga,

They are honest decent guys

Regards JezEdited by: Dozers Dad
Having huge problems with this company sold me a warranty that is useless, not valid because they didn't change the gearbox oil at the correct time but will not cancel the warranty

They have sorted everything out as it was a misunderstanding, they have in fact been very helpful. I wish I hadn't put this on here so quickly.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Having huge problems with this company sold me a warranty that is useless, not valid because they didn't change the gearbox oil at the correct time but will not cancel the warranty
Mis-selling didn't or doesn't just apply to PPi. It applies to anything that is sold. The company selling you the warranty should have taken reasonable steps to ensure the warranty was fit for purpose at the time of sale and that there wasn't anything present at the point of sale that would invalidate any part of that warranty. If the terms and conditions of the warranty are that the vehicle should be serviced in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations and within the timescale set by those recommendations, then it should be up to them to check that at the point of sale. Evans halshaw have numerous main dealer contracts and as most manufacturers record service history eletronically, it would be easy to them to pull up on screen.

Go and seek legal advice but I will never ever buy car without a service history present and don't just look at the stamps in the book. Look at the date and mileage because if any are late, even within a manufacturer's warranty period, any future claims could be invalidated because it wasn't serviced properly.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mis-selling didn't or doesn't just apply to PPi. It applies to anything that is sold. The company selling you the warranty should have taken reasonable steps to ensure the warranty was fit for purpose at the time of sale and that there wasn't anything present at the point of sale that would invalidate any part of that warranty. If the terms and conditions of the warranty are that the vehicle should be serviced in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations and within the timescale set by those recommendations, then it should be up to them to check that at the point of sale. Evans halshaw have numerous main dealer contracts and as most manufacturers record service history eletronically, it would be easy to them to pull up on screen.

Go and seek legal advice but I will never ever buy car without a service history present and don't just look at the stamps in the book. Look at the date and mileage because if any are late, even within a manufacturer's warranty period, any future claims could be invalidated because it wasn't serviced properly.
Thank you so much for taking the time to put so much detail, I will use some of this to try to get them to sort it before I go any further, I hope they will as all I want is what I was sold minus the parts that I was lied to so they got the sale.

I LOVE the Kuga though very very nice car and a brilliant tow car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
They have sorted it all out was a misunderstanding they have been more than helpful about it. They also found some items that they wanted to di on the car before I took delivery and they are putting all that right as well.

I couldn't be more impressed if only every company dealt with a problem like this. I would now recommend them to any forum member because of this.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The wonderful thing is it was just a simple misunderstanding, and I must say now everything is sorted I think I have the most enjoyable car I have ever had it's done 24000 miles but drives like brand new, inside and out I am so pleased with this car, I have towed my 1650KG caravan all the way to the top of Scotland and it did it so easily best tow car I ever had.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There all going to be desperate for work just picked up a w166 amp yesterday salesman said they had 11 people in this week and there a popular dealer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts