Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well. FML. I know I am the suspicious type, so. Before I take my cars in for major service work I do the normal (normal to me anyways) marking of the wheel nuts, to ensure they are indeed taken off during a 25k mile/2 year, wheels off service.... Guess what I find when I get back to Evans Halshaw of Priory Park in Hull?
Yep, you got it in 1. My wheels had not been off the car, either that or the mechanic is a fooking wizard and managed to get all 20 wheel nuts on all four of the wheels back in line as I marked them.
And even more amazingly, when I went to collect my car, he'd just gone home for the day!! Friday afternoon of a bank holiday weekend.
So the question is, bearing in mind i got a heavy, heavy discount. And they took my Kuga back in to redo the checks the first thunderc*nt had supposedly done. The reason I paid is because I needed the stamp in the book to keep the European warranty up to date cos we drive to Spain on Sunday.
What would you do next?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I would call, ask to speak to the Dealer Principal and tell him that you would like him to consider an offer before you riase the matter direct with both Ford and Trading Standards.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I wouldn't want to take my car there either. We have a 66 plate Mokka which I too have taken to EH. No issues really but I just don't like the dealership as a whole although the vauxhall garage on mount pleasant seem to be ok. I have a Kuga and it won't be going to EH at Priory Park. If you want a decent garage in Hull just take it to Hull City Motors. He's a decent guy, knows his stuff and prices are not too bad. When I had my Mazda 6 I used an other independent but stopped taking it there when he charged me 5 litres of engine oil and the car only takes 4.2 litres. At £16 per litre + Vat I call that taking the P. Shall I mention about the MOT garage who I suspected had slit all 4 ball joint rubbers and then said they couldn't replace just the rubbers and wanted £460 to replace both bottom arms. Got another garage to do a fresh mot and they replaced the rubbers and charge me 2 hours labour and the rubbers were like 50p each. It's no wonder people like me don't trust garages. Of course I couldn't prove it but my cars will never go back to that garage for an not either. Have used Halfords a couple of times for MOT and Hull Mitsubishi.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts