Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MANUAL STATES SWITCH ON DASH - CONTROL ON MENU ON MY 09 MODEL.

IS THIS CORRECT & DO YOU LEAVE FUNCTION ON ALL THE TIME ???

·
Registered
385 Posts
donot turn the esp system off,unless you can handle the car like the stig does on top gear,ford also recomend not to turn it off

·
Registered
19 Posts
A little confused. Is the ESP on when the light is displayed on the dash or is it off????

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
As far as i understand the light comes on when it i turned off. I dont have a switch on the dash at all, just the selection in the menu. After turning off and on the engine the esp is turned back on again, hence the light goes out. BK.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
BruceKuga is right, the light on the dash is constantly on when the system is deactivated! I don´t like the menu graphics having an x in the selection box, ít´s confusing I think and would be better understood if the box was shown ticked, I feel.When the system active and the traction control is working the dashboard ESP light turns on, and of course flashes up with the power button on ignition, to test the lamp.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
The lamp is yellow, which means warning!
It wouldn't warn you that it was on.

But as stated it flashes when it is being used. Again a warning to back off/slow down/road slippery.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had esp on my galaxy, but i had a switch on the dash for it, when esp was on the switch would NOT light up whenesp was off the switch lite up to warn you it was deactivated.

USING STABILITY CONTROL
Note:
The system will be switched on
automatically every time you switch the

ignition on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts