Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a previous issue with this light being on from new, and the car went in for 2 days, where they fixed it more by luck thandesign by unplugging the "module" and putting it back in again.

Last week I went over a little bit of rough ground (on M25 so not exactly off road) and on it came again. Was booked in for yesterday for another 2 days - I had to make a major fuss when it went in last time for 2 days with no courtesy car so have got one this time around - to be fair the service manager at Essex Ford is a good bloke and once he was on the case service seemed to improve somewhat!

Apparently Ford Tech said the fault codes seemed to indicate the steering alignment sensor was faulty, so they ordered up the new part and fitted it, only for it to not resolve the issue. I have no idea if the ABS works as the traction control certainly does not - anyone with more technical knowledge know if it's likely the whole "intervention" systems are likely to be off?

So the upshot is that they need to keep it and Ford are coming in to the dealers (not sure where from?) to have a look next week as they have no idea what's wrong at present. So I have to return the courtesy car, and now Ford are bearing the expense of a hire car! Not sure when the Kuga is coming back.

So now they have had the car twice, 2 days at a time (so far as this visit is likely to extend to nearer a week I believe by the time Ford have a look) for the same fault.

The gloss has well and truly worn off the Kuga at this point in time....

·
Registered
227 Posts
I really feel for you chilluk... Things like this really do take the edge off the excitement of your new addition to the family.

How did you find a rough bit on the M25!? Were u on the rumble strips or something!?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Oh well... I'll just have to waffle for another few hundred posts to see if that gives me another star!!! Not keen on being a "Senior Member" !!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
amser said:
Dunno??? Who's site is this ne way??? Who's the admin?

Hey Amser - if you find out who ty are please let me know - been trying to edit my profile with no luck - need to get hold of the admins.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts