Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Ok, but I thought the Radar Sensor was mounted behind the bumper?
I thought it was in the housing along with the rain sensor and speed recognition camera. Check if the radar sensor is possibly behind the front grill. Might be an idea to check that none of your grill is damaged or front of your car when you have found the sensor, is damaged.

I will have a look to my workshop manual a little later.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Ok, will the OHP or the OBDLink Ex work on other car brands with OBD connectors too? If yes, then it might be worth buying one.
The OBDLink Ex or the bluetooth OBDLink Mx will also work with other makes besides Ford.

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
You managed to check your workshop manual? And btw, how do I get a copy of the workshop manual for my car?
Yes I had a look last night. I couldn't find it anywhere. It lists the cruise control, module, operation, diagnosis etc but not nothing about front radar or adaptive cruise control. It doesn't mean its not there but I tried doing a pdf search on selective words like radar, adaptive etc but nothing. I haven't had a look at the wiring diagram yet but that won't give any clues to it's location.

I bought my manual from ebay. It covers 2013-2017 cars.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I tested the OBDLink Ex, no luck. It fails to read some modules which the VeePeak BLE module is able to pick up. The only difference I can pick up between the two scanners is that the OBDLink USB Scanner reports ELM327 v1.4b while the VeePeak BLE scanner reports ELM327 v1.5. The ODBLink does not cause all those errors like the VeePeaK USB scanner.

Log attached, what is wrong with the OBDLink Scanner?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
I tested the OBDLink Ex, no luck. It fails to read some modules which the VeePeak BLE module is able to pick up. The only difference I can pick up between the two scanners is that the OBDLink USB Scanner reports ELM327 v1.4b while the VeePeak BLE scanner reports ELM327 v1.5. The ODBLink does not cause all those errors like the VeePeaK USB scanner.

Log attached, what is wrong with the OBDLink Scanner?
I had no issue with my OBDlink. Did you update the firmware first. There was a registration card in mine asking to register it first. I can't remember 100% if that was a firmware upgrade or not so assumed it was. Could also be to register the product in case there are any clones about. Have you got the latest version of Forscan. I assume you are running forscan from the desktop shortcut and not from the downloaded zip file.

Who was the seller of the OBDLink.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Another Kuga atribute I never realised existed . Had to borrow a small trailer at the weekend to help No.2 son
collecting a new door. Left rear lindicator light would not work . Got the screen message " left turn trailer lamp faulty ".
Didn't expect that that car could also diagnose faults.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Another Kuga atribute I never realised existed . Had to borrow a small trailer at the weekend to help No.2 son
collecting a new door. Left rear lindicator light would not work . Got the screen message " left turn trailer lamp faulty ".
I get that on mine and it hasn't got the ford dedicated wiring.

·
Registered
208 Posts
It's a CANbus feature that has been on most cars for some time

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thanks , didn't realise.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts