Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I am new to the forum and have scoured the threads but can't find the answer I am looking for (or maybe just need pointing in the right direction!). I own a 2017 Kuga ST Line X. I have had some work undertaken to replace my front discs and pads, during this an issue was identified with a leaking clutch master cylinder which had to be replaced (3.5 year old car with just over 35,000 miles).

However, since this the EPB will not automatically disengage when in forward or reverse motion. Instead get the 'Release Parking Brake' warning and have to touch brake pedal and manually release the EPB to move off.

Does this suggest that the EPB is in service/maintenance mode? How can this be deactivated on a vehicle with push button start?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

·
Registered
Mk2.5, 2017, Moondust silver, Titanium, FWD, 2.0tdci Euro 6 Diesel, 150bhp.
18 Posts
Hi, if in service mode a warning notification is shown and the brake warning light flashes.
To release the brake automatically you need to press the accelerator to around 1500rpm, if you dont use enough revs the parking brake release warning will show.

·
Registered
18 Posts
EPB service mode......
1. Set the ignition to ON.
2. Press and hold the accelerator pedal and place the EPB switch to the RELEASE (downward)
position. Continue to hold the accelerator pedal and EPB.
3. Set the ignition to OFF then set the ignition to ON within 5 seconds. Continue to hold the
accelerator pedal and the EPB switch.
4. NOTE: The EPB system will be deactivated, preventing parking brake application until
service has been completed and service (maintenance) mode has been deactivated. The yellow
EPB indicator will be illuminated and Maintenance Mode will display on the message center.

NOTE: When replacing rear brake pads in service (maintenance) mode, the brake caliper
piston must be compressed into the caliper housing. The brake caliper piston does not have to
be rotated while compressing the piston.

Set the ignition to OFF then release the accelerator pedal and EPB switch.

Deactivation
NOTE: Carry out the following service mode deactivation procedure to activate the EPB system.

1. Set the ignition to ON.
2. Press and hold the accelerator pedal and place the EPB switch in the APPLY (upward)
position. Continue to hold the accelerator pedal and the EPB switch.
3. Set the ignition to OFF then set the ignition to ON within 5 seconds. Continue to hold the
accelerator pedal and the EPB switch.
4. NOTE: The EPB system will fully apply and release the parking brake to guarantee sufficient
air gap between the rear brake pads and brake disc.

Release the accelerator pedal and the EPB switch

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Landie9,

Many thanks for your responses, much appreciated. I have tried pulling away with 1500 rpm or more but still no joy. Even tried deactivating/activating EPB service mode but not sure either have worked (unless could be user error), no visible message on dash or anything and still issues with the EPB not disengaging with forward/backward motion.

Consistently get the following warning shown in the below image.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The only other thing i would try is to put the EPB into service mode, remove rear pads, push the pistons fully in, put rear pads back in, gently press brake pedal until the pads are fully seated, take EPB out of service mode then operate the parking brake.
If you do the above you know everything is set correctly. Good luck!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts