Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

Super Moderator
Kuga FHEV with max no claims non-garaged but parked off-road and 10k miles pa on London is c.拢400

Registered
Ford Kuga 1.6 Ecoboost Zetec 2013
Had my 1.6 petrol Kuga remapped and it's well worth it. Economy has gone from around 31mpg to 35mpg. Much better low end torque and it goes better when you need to put your foot down etc. If you drive sensibly then you'll gain the benefits of remapping i,e better fuel consumption without the extra wear on the clutch and gearbox etc. They'll handle the extra power no problem but if you thrash them too much they'll naturally wear much faster.

Had my old diesel galaxy remapped ( VW 1.9 TDi ) and got 50mpg out of that, up from around 41mpg! Was very impressed.

Registered
Just got my renewal through from Hastings and it's gone up to 拢515 but just did a comparioson online and it's gone down to 拢291 (so i know which i'll be going with) with all mods declared (parked on drive, 42, full protected NCD)

Registered
It's ridiculous how companies bump prices up at renewal, it's almost like they don't want loyal customers anymore.

Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
I thought the government had banned companies from doing that and are supposed to give existing customers the same deal or better deal than new customers.

Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
I have been with Hastings premium for about 8 yrs now and i have full protected NCB. I pay 拢360 and that's with everything covered and a few extras added on inc breakdown cover. The most i have ever paid was for a nissan skyline R33 GTR about 18yrs ago and it cost me just over 5k a year !!

Registered
Had my 1.6 petrol Kuga remapped and it's well worth it. Economy has gone from around 31mpg to 35mpg. Much better low end torque and it goes better when you need to put your foot down etc. If you drive sensibly then you'll gain the benefits of remapping i,e better fuel consumption without the extra wear on the clutch and gearbox etc. They'll handle the extra power no problem but if you thrash them too much they'll naturally wear much faster.

Had my old diesel galaxy remapped ( VW 1.9 TDi ) and got 50mpg out of that, up from around 41mpg! Was very impressed.
Doesn't seem worth the cost of the remap for 4 mpg improvement. Granted the torque improvement may be beneficial.

Registered
Ford Kuga 1.6 Ecoboost Zetec 2013
Doesn't seem worth the cost of the remap for 4 mpg improvement. Granted the torque improvement may be beneficial.
Cost me 拢150 to get it remapped, The extra power for me makes it worth it. I could probably get more MPG if I drove it more conservatively but I like to open her up on the odd occasion. 10% is a good return on my investment.

Registered
Can I ask who did the remap and where are they based? 拢150 seems reasonable price to pay.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts