Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I knew you would support the remap in a positive way and excellent feedback from someone who has it.
The Caveat of course is, it may not work out for all.

As to insurance costs, I’m 61 and pay over £400 and they know that I’m one of the best UKs advanced drivers. I hear you ask how they know that….I’ve told them! Lol
that seems a lot. we are £280 with direct line.

·
Super Moderator
7,035 Posts
that seems a lot. we are £280 with direct line.
I think so as well but I always do the usual comparison sites and they come out the cheapest.

Here’s one you find to believe, SAGA, which I believe is for old gimmers, they wouldn’t even quote me last year. 🤷‍♂️

·
The Detective.
2017 Titanium iAWD 2.0 Diesel
2,945 Posts
I tried Saga but they wanted more than the other companies

When I had a new Orion,one insurance company said that can’t insure it cause it’s a high risk car.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,602 Posts
I think so as well but I always do the usual comparison sites and they come out the cheapest.

Here’s one you find to believe, SAGA, which I believe is for old gimmers, they wouldn’t even quote me last year. 🤷‍♂️
Don't tell them you are a retired cop as they may think you still want to engage in chasing the bad guys lol. I know cops used to pay extra for insurance. Not sure why considering you will have been on the driving courses. Here is how much mine was at renewal in October with Esure. It was £207 the year before on 6k miles declaration.

Rectangle Font Parallel Magenta Screenshot

Reactions: Psshaw

·
The Detective.
2017 Titanium iAWD 2.0 Diesel
2,945 Posts
MINE WENT DOWN FROM LAST YEAR WITH ESURE
Your Car Insurance will renew automatically​
Thanks for getting in touch with us about renewing your 5 Star Defaqto rated Car Insurance – you’ll find your new price below.

The great news is that your insurance will renew automatically.​
Cost to insure this year
£238.53
This includes any discounts and Optional Extras. You can see what you paid last year below.
Cost to insure last year​
£290.70​
This includes any discounts and Optional Extras. If you made any changes in the policy year, this price reflects what the year’s cover would be had the change taken place from the cover start date.​

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
3,647 Posts
Mine was £310 this year, that’s with me aged 51. Protected NCB & upgraded courtesy car cover including all mods declared as well.

·
10,602 Posts
Mine is protected too but standard courtesy car as it would just be sat in the drive most of the time. I guess it's maybe down to the area I live being in a small village and they know my car doesn't have keyless entry lol.

Parked on drive declared with other half as a named driver.

No accidents, no convictions - been a good lad.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I had a nice surprise when I had my renewal in March ;
Renewal date 13th March 2022 Total annual price £173.95 Your 5 Star Defaqto benefits ✓ 90 days of EU cover ✓ Replacement car ✓ 24/7 claims helpline ✓ 5 year guaranteed repairs ✓ Windscreen cover ✓ Vandalism promise ✓ Uninsured driver promise For full details, see your car policy document. Your additional products ✓ Protected no claims discount.
This year's total price £173.95 Last year's total price £257.41 Hastings Direct.

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
679 Posts
Mine going down slowly. As a mere youngster at 55, with only 4 years NCD (was on company vehicles for 16 years) 10k business miles and up to 35k per year, I am extremely jealous of all your quotes. £522 this year.
I suppose as the Kuga is a popular car the insurance algorithms suggest a Kuga is more likely to be involved in an accident as there are more on the road.

·
10,602 Posts
I used to think the insurance algorithms changed to suit how much they wanted to charge you. I was once told something ridiculous about my son's insurance which I expected to drop when he got full no claims, was their statistics said that once a driver has full no claims bonus they are more likely to have an accident.

@Obo110 - you could have got your company's insurance broker to confirm you had been driving company vehicles for x number of years without any claims. It used to be accepted but not sure if it is now. I lost my no claims bonus on my bike as I had been without insurance for two and a half years. You don't suddenly forget how to ride a bike !! And it wasn't like I had been in a coma for two and half years and still drove a car. Same as a second car having to build up the no claims on THAT car. Complete joke but if you have an accident they take it into account for all vehicles.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I used to think the insurance algorithms changed to suit how much they wanted to charge you. I was once told something ridiculous about my son's insurance which I expected to drop when he got full no claims, was their statistics said that once a driver has full no claims bonus they are more likely to have an accident.

@Obo110 - you could have got your company's insurance broker to confirm you had been driving company vehicles for x number of years without any claims. It used to be accepted but not sure if it is now. I lost my no claims bonus on my bike as I had been without insurance for two and a half years. You don't suddenly forget how to ride a bike !! And it wasn't like I had been in a coma for two and half years and still drove a car. Same as a second car having to build up the no claims on THAT car. Complete joke but if you have an accident they take it into account for all vehicles.
Yes I agree, but going from company car to Payment In Lieu has been a bit of a disaster.
I would take the company to disability discrimination tribunal, but I don't want to rock the boat.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I had a nice surprise when I had my renewal in March ;
Renewal date 13th March 2022 Total annual price £173.95 Your 5 Star Defaqto benefits ✓ 90 days of EU cover ✓ Replacement car ✓ 24/7 claims helpline ✓ 5 year guaranteed repairs ✓ Windscreen cover ✓ Vandalism promise ✓ Uninsured driver promise For full details, see your car policy document. Your additional products ✓ Protected no claims discount.
This year's total price £173.95 Last year's total price £257.41 Hastings Direct.
Forgot to say I'm a 65 year old codger.

Reactions: NigelB

·
Registered
83 Posts
My turn to do a bit of being a black cat, I've just had my renewal in and it's gone down slightly with full no claims. It's now £1041.44, admittedly it's a Taxi insurance, and I have one of the slightly cheaper quotes on the taxi rank in my town.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts