Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been told this engine is a Peugeot power plant. I was under the impression the Dura-Torque engine was ford designed and built. Anyone out there confirm either way?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think Ford names all their engines Duratorque. The 1,6 tdci and the 2,0 tdci and 2,2 litre tdci are all engines that comes from the PSA group. Ford maybe add some minor tweaks to the engines, but the base is from PSA. 

Only the 1,8 tdci is a original Ford engine as far as i know.

Regars

·
Registered
108 Posts
PSA & ford do quite a bit of sharing in the engine dept... it also includes the 1.4tdci found in the fiesta, 206 & bmw mini - in addition to the above!

The deal ford did with psa meant that ford would supply the v6 tdci found in the bigger c/d cars as psa didnt have a decent engine to use...

ford do the 2.0, 2.2 & 2.4 i4 16v engines found in land rover, jaguar x-type and transit et.al. + the 1.8 8v - all of these engines are built at the dagenham diesel center.

the 1.8 is the longest production running ford diesel - it originally started life as a petrol engine way back when 950, 1.1, 1.3 & 1.6l were all the rage (known as the kent engine)... its under gone many engineering changes over time to keep up with emission regulations - but its still a good engine - now diesel!

ford produce the psa 1.4, and soon the 1.6, at dagenham for the ford range rather than obtain the engines pre built from psa...

Edited by: applematt

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Matt, very informative and good news that the guys at dagenham are getting a bit more work.

joe

·
Registered
21 Posts
The 2.5 petrol engine (5-cilinder)is a volvo engine,but I believe the most of you already knew that.
If you look between the engine,you can clearly see the Volvo labels.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
You are having a good dig around the forum Luc

knew that the 2.5 engine is the Volvo one, interesting to know that it still says Volvo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts