Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey
This might have already been discussed but.......

When I started up the Kuga tonight a lot of bleeping noises aroused from the dash with the message "Engine Malfunction" appearing on the dash.

Stopped the car and tried again and it came up again and stayed there.

The problem is I'm through at Glasgow tonight but need to get back to Edinburgh tomorrow, so does anyone know if I should attempt to drive it 40 miles back home, or get it lifted. The book says to stop immediatly (or are they being over cautious) and get dealer to look at it! Not easy as its Sunday tomorrow and I need home.

Also if anyone else bought a new Kuga from Evans Halshaw do they know if it comes with a years free RAC cover. I cant remember!!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Typical just posted this and found a previous entry!!
From what I gather I can drive it home tomorrow, will get it booked in on Monday!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wow! just the sort of thing we don't want to happen
!

Did you get back to Edinburgh ok? Let us know the outcome?

ps I lived in Polwarth for 4 years (back in the sixties).

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey
just an update. Left the car outside mums house and went out about an hour later and put the ignition on and guess what!! No warning of Engine Malfunction!! Got up this morning and went to the shops, drove about a bit then headed back to Edinburgh, I'm at home now and no sign of the warning again!! Don't know why it came on to start with, but not on now. The odd thing was that it was in an underground carpark for a whilewhen it first came on. It had been parked in heavy rain for a bit an hour before. Only relevance to other posts is the water!! but rain and not a washer. So might give Ford a call tomorrow to ask about it. Not keen on it coming on everytime it rains!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts