Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out driving today and as i was doing about 70 km/t a beep, and Engine Malfunction message came in the display. It felt like the engine went into "safe mode" with reduced power.

I stopped the car for 1 min and started again and started driving, after about 500m the same message apeared. Had to drive 1 km before i could stop, as this was a few kilometers from home, i stopped the car for a few minutes and started again. This time i didnt get any engine malfunction errors, but the road home was downhill all the way.

Anyone experienced this before?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a similar problem, picked up the Kuga 2 weeks ago but after only 3 days the Engine Malfuntion lights came on, but drove OK, took it to dealers who said it was a battery problem and re-charged it, had it back but it went again almost immediately. This time they re calibrated the instrument cluster and told us it was OK. Again within half hour it went and this time was in 'limp home mode'. The dealer had it back again and were baffled. Anyhow after 5 days in the dealers, Ford Technical advised them to change the heat sensors in the exhaust system. The engine malfunction and diagnostics generally point to a DPF issue whereby the particulates are not beign burnt off as the engine is detecting that the exhaust system is not hot enough. Changing the sensors definitely seems to have fixed it. Have had it back for 3 days and done lots of miles and everything is running great at the moment. So hopefully this fixed it.

Hope this helps anyone else having similar problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar problem with my car, turned out that a pipe had come away from the intercooler. Dealer fixed it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts