Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
my engine malfunction light has just come on tonight have i got to be overly concerned? or do i just need a good blow out i.e a good run at speed/

·
Registered
65 Posts
You can not make any asumption. You need to get it checked out ASAP.Edited by: Kuga 4Me

·
Registered
14 Posts
archiej20 said:
my engine malfunction light has just come on tonight have i got to be overly concerned? or do i just need a good blow out i.e a good run at speed/

If yours is a mk2 Kuga, Archiej20, check the "ALL Limp Home Mode / Engine Service Now info" topics for all the history to potentially your problem and then go and get the airfilter changed and the engine management software [PCM] upgrade and hopefully that'll do it.

Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
kugasian said:
archiej20 said:

If yours is a mk2 Kuga, Archiej20, check the "ALL Limp Home Mode / Engine Service Now info" topics for all the history to potentially your problem and then go and get the airfilter changed and the engine management software [PCM] upgrade and hopefully that'll do it.

Keep us posted.
His very first post on here said:
archiej20 said:
hiya everyone ive just bought the kuga titainium x 4x4 2010 ice white 19" alloys and i have a dog and need a guard for the boot. but i don,t really want to pay a fortune but the ones on ebay r 2 big does anyone have any ideas? cheers.
From:http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/dog-guards_topic8417_post77086.html?KW=#77086
So I assume it's a case of a poster posting in the wrong part of the forum.

If Mark/Archie can confirm whether he still has the Mk1 then I'll move the post to the Mk1 thread covering engine management/dpf issues.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You need to contact your dealer and ask them the question. Providingyouadhereto their instructions the responsibility is then theirs. As I said before it is not wise to assume anything. No one can remote diagnose the cause for the engine management light being on, as the light can come on for numerous causes. It requires technical equipment to be attached to interrogate the computer to ascertain the fault code.Edited by: Kuga 4Me

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi folks. We have a 2012 Titaniumaniumaniumanium X and just last week where told we required a new dpf from our lical ford dealer . The car has only done 28k. Anyway we had it changed , 24 hours later the engine malfunction light is back on , had AA come out and they tell me the soot contamination is reading at 282% now. Ford dealer told me we were contaminated at 309% prior to new dpf being fitted , Help

·
Registered
49 Posts
Georgeca said:
hi folks. We have a 2012 Titaniumaniumaniumaniumanium X and just last week where told we required a new dpf from our lical ford dealer . The car has only done 28k. Anyway we had it changed , 24 hours later the engine malfunction light is back on , had AA come out and they tell me the soot contamination is reading at 282% now. Ford dealer told me we were contaminated at 309% prior to new dpf being fitted , Help
Take it straight back to the dealer.......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Me too. You drive car about town for a year or two.Then you drive for holiday at seaside. Motorway driving!
These Kugas need to exceed 2500 revs to build sufficient temperature to burn diesel particulates in the DPF (filter). In 6th gear at 130 km/hr, the revs are only at 2,200.
I have a two year old and am in the midst of battle with the dealers now.
The last stress you need when you drive on holiday is a dickey car, when you have a car full of kit and kids and you're in a strange place.....Ford need to take responsibility, or I will change brands fast

·
Registered
1 Posts
These Kugas need to exceed 2500 revs to build sufficient temperature to burn diesel particulates in the DPF (filter). In 6th gear at 130 km/hr, the revs are only at 2,200.
That’s useful to know, how long should you need to drive at 2,500rpm to burn the particulates... a few minutes.....half an hour ...more?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have had a 2010 kuga for over a year now. I do not get a engine malfunction other than in the winter. It seems to come on when I go into the mountains with tunnels. Only then it comes on and when it does I loose engine power. I think turbo shuts down. I turn of the car and start it up again and it is gone. But of I continue up the mountain it can come back. But it does not happen other times. Only in Mountains. So weird. Had it to the mechs and read error the it might be moisture in filter. It happened last year in the winter and it came back now this winter.. Getting really frustrated.. One more thing to ask about not being in this case. Anyone know if possible to turn of the automatic heaters of front and back windows that comes on all the time when below 4 temperature? Annoying detail.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts