Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI
I would like some help I have a engine light that won’t go off spent loads of cash trying to get it cleared and now the car has reduced power intermittent times
Any help please

·
Registered
[ Phil ]
468 Posts
I think that's called 'limp mode' or something, but no idea why it's happening to you - I think there was a thread regarding this, not that long ago, if you search for it :unsure:

·
Kuga, Titanium X Sport 2016
273 Posts
HI
I would like some help I have a engine light that won’t go off spent loads of cash trying to get it cleared and now the car has reduced power intermittent times
Any help please
Have you had the car scanned to check for fault codes ? Any other info on work you've had done would help also.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi I have had several fault code read I have no answer.
A part on the front of car and genres service
Been given a bottle of red x from garage Halfords.
Other than that 0

·
273 Posts
Do you have the code/ Codes? and which part has been changed

Paul

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately all I know is the part looks like a tube with a flap in the middle
Codes not seen when they have cleared them

·
273 Posts
Sounds like EGR valve, without the fault codes it could be many things causing it to go into limp mode. Where abouts in the UK are you ? perhaps someone on here could re-scan it, simple thing, just need a ELM 327 OBD reader, laptop and a program called Forscan ( which is free).

·
273 Posts
A bit to far for me unfortunately.... anyone else close by who can assist.... @andspenka any contacts ???

·
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
405 Posts
@balders, unfortunately not. Probably even further from me too.

It could be the mass airflow sensor but that's just a wild shot in the dark, it's just another tube with a flap in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for your help I hope I can find out what it is as it is driving me mad nd not helping me with my disability

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Is there an independent garage near to you who could scan the car for codes and diagnose the problem.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
If you get them to scan the car, make a note of the generated codes then post them on the forum.
No one can make a diagnosis without knowing the codes.
Ideally find a garage with access to forscan and ask them to scan it, this will see codes the normal scanners can't see.

Reactions: balders

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi so garage has said new - second hand dpf part cu61-sh250-ab from a 13 or 14 year. Any ideas most gratefully received

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
The part number shown doesn't bring anything up. Are you certain you have typed it correctly, especially the five digits after CU61.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts