Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iwas picking my way through a car park at walking peed and the engine just died on me.
Wouldn't restart tried for a few minutes. Eventually pushedher into a parking space getting ready to phone for recovery, tried again and she started up and been fine ever since. Pluggedher into my laptop to check ecuand there are no fault codes. very strange.........the wife won't drive her now.

Anyone had any similar experiences/reasons for it.???

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Had that happen once, luckily when Hubby was driving it otherwise I would have had a blue fit! We were going slowly around a corner when it just shuddered to a halt and died. Hubby is insistent that he just stalled it but I am not so sure....Mind you, he thought it was funny to press the start button when I was driving the other day which made me say a very naughty word. Apparently there is no way you can turn off the ignition when you are driving but I don't really feel the need to test this fact!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi, yes I had that problem too. Went to get the car out of the garage and instead of starting her up straightaway like I normally do, I just turned on the electrics, can't remember what for, anyway I tried to start her... absolutely nothing..completely dead!!
I sat panicking for a moment then tried starting her again..nothing. I stabbed at the start button several times then she burst in to life!! Very strange, hasn't done it since though (touch wood). I thought I'd left something switched on but on the Kuga everything turns itself off.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I had the same, was going slowly and the engine just died and the car stopped. It wouldn't restart for a while and in the end I used the key and it was fine, that was about 5thousand miles ago and all fine since - weird.

·
Registered
287 Posts
interesting! and annoying . hopefuly nopt going to become a comon problem for Kuga owners? some of these small erratic faults are very difficult to trace. for example when idling the idle speed control valve adjust fuelling and air supply to maintain rpm but it can 'stick' at times and make an engine 'cut out'.
This one is often not picked up up by ECU fault codes either. Also the start/stop button control side may have an issue. most of the voltages used are very low (less than 12v) and it only takes a poor signal to give a flag to ECU etc and it will get its knickers in a twist and often result in stalled or non starting engines. if enough Kuga drivers get this Ford will eventualy put a fix in place. meanwhile good luck and good driving to you all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just happened to me as well. Busy road, stopped at pedestrian crossing, stalled starting off, then wouldn't start for a minute or so. Had to lock and unlock car. Bit concerning.

cheers David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts