Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
has anyone had a problem with their oil emulsifying.....if you look in the oil filler cap and the oil filler point has anyone got white or greyish gunk....i had this start happening after christmas and the dealer said it was normal because of the cold conditions causing condensation...but now it has got quite thick and is a bit concerning so if anyone has noticed the same please let me know....the engine is the diesel tdci...thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
I live in Norway where it's really cold in the wintertime, and I have never seen what you are describing on the oil filler cap...
Sounds like you have water or at least a very high level ofhumidety in your oil.

Have it checked up by someone indepentent very soon as water ine the oil can be very harmfull depending on just how much water...

If you pull out the dip-stick and the oil looks grey(ish), stop driving it ASAP!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks sap....thats interesting what you have said...it is going into dealers on saturday to be checked...i wont be happy if they say it is normal...i will keep you updated.....anyone else please keep me updates if you have the same problem....if not can you also let me know if you dont as i need as much info as posible.....thanks all

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes. Don't take their word for it if theysay it's normal, because it is notnormal at all.

Do you have a "drivers asociation" or something that is indepent and test cars? Like a used car survey service if you know what i mean....?

Have them take an oil sample and have it analyzed. It will show what is in your oil, and how much of it and just how much it effects the lubrication and if has been damaging for your engine...

If so you will have good cards on your hands should thisend up as a legal matter in the future....

The dealers will probably just change the oil and say everything is all right....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hiya sap again...ive just been to an idependent garage.....and they have said because the oil filler tube is exposed not insulated it is this causing the condensation as the hot oil meets the cold air.....there seems to be no degredation in the oil.... i did tell then about you not having any problems even though you are in a colder climate, and they said your filler pipe might have more insulation than ours as you come from a colder country....they have assured me it shouldnt be a problem...but i have still got it going back tothe dealership nest week.....thanks agian sap for your help

·
Registered
76 Posts
Great news!

We will se once I get my new Kuga next week as I am 99,99999% surethe filler pipe is identical to the one you have...

I will keep an eye on my filler cap

I still think the condensation theory sounds a bit strange as I have never heared of it before on any car up here in the cold... + that the engine should warm the air that sourrounds it at least to a level that condensation should be theretically impossible....

Are any of you other brits experiencing the same??

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just a quick update on the oil....my dealer has checked everything and said it is ok...i still thought it was a bit strange about the oil but they said it was just condensation...so now ive got it in writing its up to ford if anything goes wrong

1 - 8 of 8 Posts