Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my mk3 st line x for 3 weeks ,all OK apart from last week when I got this message ,emergency call malfunction service required. So I turned it off ,but now it keeps coming back ,how can I reset it thanks.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
2,374 Posts
Reading the other threads I think this requires a visit to the dealer.

Reactions: Psshaw

·
Registered
38 Posts
There is a TCU update available in FDRS (Dealer System), which updates the software in the modem. All I can tell you is I have not had this issue, but I updated the TCU on day 1 when I received my car over a month ago. I am lucky enough to be able to perform my own dealer updates with my own kit.

In order for the dealer to perform this update for you, there needs to be a TSB from Ford related to this, so they can get the labour time back from Ford.

You can check your own vehicle on Ford ETIS using your VIN number, and under software updates it will show which updates are available for your vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is a TCU update available in FDRS (Dealer System), which updates the software in the modem. All I can tell you is I have not had this issue, but I updated the TCU on day 1 when I received my car over a month ago. I am lucky enough to be able to perform my own dealer updates with my own kit.

In order for the dealer to perform this update for you, there needs to be a TSB from Ford related to this, so they can get the labour time back from Ford.

You can check your own vehicle on Ford ETIS using your VIN number, and under software updates it will show which updates are available for your vehicle.

Thank you for the info. Just checked and it is in fact showing the service message for the call.

Kind regards,

Russ

·
Registered
MY22 Kuga PHEV ST-Line
11 Posts

Do you think this update might be related to why Ford Pass isn't activating new vehicles? On the puma forums they are saying that the Ford Pass team has been talking about the latest in car modems having connectivity issues, so a software patch might fix?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts