Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silly as this sounds I don't know how to open the bonnet and I can't fing my book. Will someone please help?

many thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi,
You need the key which is 'concealed' in one end of the remote fob, or the separate bonnet key which you should also have been provided with. The bonnet lock is concealed, but I don't know if this is general knowledge as to where, so perhaps I shouldn't state it on a public forum. Find your key, and give a Ford dealer a ring in the morning.
Hope this helps.
Cheers

·
Registered
228 Posts
Charlieparker Hi, it's behind the ford badge as in most Fords, open it by turning it upwards then to the left,lock found,now place your little "KUGA" key into lock turn once to release then again whilst lifting to open, be prepared you need long arms as the bonnet goes high before you put support bar in .
Edited by: SILVERBACK

·
Registered
35 Posts
The Mondeo i traded in had the old lever in the passenger footwell and I was told it was moved due to the damage to a pedestrian was higher because of the locking mechanism behind the badge so they reverted back to inside the car - then I get a Kuga and its back behind the badge......

Me thinks i was told porkies.

·
Registered
113 Posts
One word of advice though, make sure you put the key back in the fob after you've finished under there.... Twice now I've left it in the lock overnight when filling up the washer resevoir. Luckily the car has still been outside my house in the morning - even though the upward slanted Ford badge gives the game away to any passing asbo winners.

My first senior moments - at 36?

Dare I say it but on my old Zafira, the key bit used to swing out on a hinge on the press of a button - flick knife style - the one thing my zafira beats the Kuga on if you're not counting seat numbers.

Edited by: Wildyce

·
Registered
173 Posts
With such a glorious day Ive spent the last 2hrs washing, waxing ,buffing,glass cleaning dash polishing, hoovering installing new harder wearing matts(from e-bay,custom fit perfect)alloy wheel protection spraying,(which is also really good for stainless side bars)and plastic trim/bumper treatment as well,including all inner door jams,now a glass of chateau neuf du pape.(knackered0

1 - 11 of 11 Posts