Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Struggling with a Titanium and a Sony head unit. No dealer that I have spoken to in the UK or here in N. Ireland has been able to help me. So to all those happy Kuga owners out there.

HAS ANYONE FITTED THE USB OPTION AFTER PURCHASE!!!!!!

Sorry for shouting but frustartion has set in big time. I have the Bluetooth and Voice control but in my haste to get a car I picked one from the system that was ready built but had no USB option, tough I hear you say, but hey surely all the wiring and functionality is in there, somewhere?

Don't really want to get a 3rd party solution so willing to hear from any other owner out there who has solved the problem (or not) and get a part number or numbers, etc

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
227 Posts
I asked my dealer to fit USB to the Kuga I've bought. It was in the showroom and I took it as an easy option, but didnt have USB. The dealer said that they had enquired but could not retro fit it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
if you pop into a dealer ask to look at the micro fiche of exploded parts with regards to the usb connection. The wiring is probably there but i would hazard a guess that your main head unit would have to be changed accordingly for the new connection to work. If the ford fitted usb headunit has the same code number as yours, it will probably just be a case of dismantiling the centre consul to gain access to any wiring looms :)

Rob

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Onjag20s.
Ok, my guess on this subject is the oldernone DAB head unit's by sony do not have the conections for the USB retro fit.

It was not until the new DABhead units were being fitted on the kuga,that the usb connectionbecame available.

At the moment I'm waiting to see how Black Pantha gets on with his install, I'm sure he will keep the site updated too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hello Dave :)

Yeah, your probably right. Just out of interest though, I have a sony aftermarket unit in my focus. To gain a usb connection and 2 other stereo inputs a sony made gadget fits between the headuint and cd changer. When I select the changer a menu opens up on the head unit to be able to scroll through to usb input. I think it goes cd2 cd3 aux and usb. I bought so as to input audio through a dvd player but use the fitted car speakers via the headunit. I would imagine sony have incorprated this device into the current kuga spec'ed dab unit now

Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts