Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front passenger electric window goes down fine. When I press one touch to raise it, the windows gets to the top then bounces back down to stop about 2 thirds down. The only way I can get it shut is to nudge it up a bit at a time. It was working fine originally - this fault manifested itself during the recent hot weather - any connection???

Is there are simple stupid thing I am missing or is it back to the dealer - only had the Kuga less than 2 months.

2.0 TDCI Zetec AWD Sea Grey

·
Registered
156 Posts
Can't help on that sorry. My windows work fine but I still have not got that delicate touch required, specially the driver's window - its all the way down or all the way up - just finger trouble.

I do like the global closing, I think its brilliant. Can't you tell - I've never had a decent car before.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hollandjones, had the same problem recently, was ready to ring the dealer when it righted itself within a day, that is 3 weeksago and ithas been ok since. ( fingers crossed ). Hope it turns out ok for you as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This happened to me to a few weeks ago too, I had to turn car off and back on again that seamed to fix it
I have mine booked in next week and planning on asking them about this while getting the gear stick gator replaced as its beginning to tear along a fold in the leather.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

Thanks for your comments. Its been doing this since Saturday (now Weds) so think I'd better book it it. I will post the outcome eventually in case anyone else encounters the same problem

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had a similar problem on my prvious car, a Mazda. It was a simple reprogramming task to correct the 'bounceback feature' using some known fix (a combination of key in ignition and presses on the electric window button). I don't think the fix information was public domain but The dealer sorted it in minutes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Palder

Tried the process described in the manual but it made no diff so in she goes a week on Monday. Thanks anyway for the suggestion

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Final report

Took the Kuga to Polar Ford. They reset the system. It took about an hour in total so they did it whilst I waited. All fine now. All covered by warranty thankfully.

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts