Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to recall someone had faulty switches replaced, but can’t find the particular post. One of mine has broken when lifting it to close the window, probably the first time I’ve operated it. It is scheduled to be replaced later this week, just wondering if this is a faulty batch and is it very common

·
Super Moderator and Mr Uses Lots of Words
5,388 Posts
I seem to recall someone had faulty switches replaced, but can’t find the particular post. One of mine has broken when lifting it to close the window, probably the first time I’ve operated it. It is scheduled to be replaced later this week, just wondering if this is a faulty batch and is it very common
Someone had an issue with chrome peeling off but I can't remember any reports of broken switches.

@Ray52 - I know you are not exactly a new member but would you like to update your signature with your cars details. I can see you have a mk3 from your avatar picture but if you changed the picture I wouldn't know if you had posted in the correct section or not. It may also assist other members knowing whether you have a PHEV, MHEV, ST etc and if you do have any further issues you won't need to say what car you have. Details below.

Welcome to the Forum, Please Read | Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums

·
Registered
Mk3 ST Line X, 20L diesel 150bhp Mhev, FWD, manual, detachable tow bar
11 Posts
Someone had an issue with chrome peeling off but I can't remember any reports of broken switches.

@Ray52 - I know you are not exactly a new member but would you like to update your signature with your cars details. I can see you have a mk3 from your avatar picture but if you changed the picture I wouldn't know if you had posted in the correct section or not. It may also assist other members knowing whether you have a PHEV, MHEV, ST etc and if you do have any further issues you won't need to say what car you have. Details below.

Welcome to the Forum, Please Read | Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums
Noticed sharp edge coming on my drivers window switch, it‘s as you mentioned like chrome just starting to lift, not sure if Ford will cover under warranty, or say is cosmetic, did they mention if they raised with their local dealer,?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hiya Gaz,
The broken switch on mine is being replaced tomorrow, not sure if I’m paying for it yet. I won’t be happy if they ask. It’s not the chrome on mine, it’s the switch itself that’s broken in half as the switch was lifted to close the window. I got the impression when I took it down to the dealers that there may have been a bad batch at manufacture which were thinner and therefore weaker

·
Registered
Mk3 ST Line X, 20L diesel 150bhp Mhev, FWD, manual, detachable tow bar
11 Posts
Hiya Gaz,
The broken switch on mine is being replaced tomorrow, not sure if I’m paying for it yet. I won’t be happy if they ask. It’s not the chrome on mine, it’s the switch itself that’s broken in half as the switch was lifted to close the window. I got the impression when I took it down to the dealers that there may have been a bad batch at manufacture which were thinner and therefore weaker
Good luck tomorrow! as its broken you’ll hopefully not be billed Ray🙏

1 - 5 of 5 Posts