Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a hidden feature to allow the door mirrors to automatically fold once you power off the Kuga? I was reading on the Focus message boards and apparently they can do this...? Is this right?

Also, I don't think the interior courtesy lights stay on long enough once the car is unlocked and door is closed, but if you re-open the door the lights stay on a bit longer - odd.

Also (!), with keyless entry, if I get in the drivers side (pulling the handle and unlocking the car), then sit in the car for a while, a clunk noise is heard (alarm? lock?) and if someone tries to get into the passenger side, the first pull of the handle does nothing (like it's locked), but then a second pull opens the door...

Not sure I'm making sense, but just some observations! Happy New Year!

Edited by: zetec

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BigGeord said:
well put Zetec,

I have thought and noticed these things also, no answers though sorry! but I would also like to find out the answers if there is?
And here's another one...

As soon as the temperature hits zero degrees centigrade outside, the Kuga BONGS at you - dead annoying when the temperature is bordering and flittering between 0 and 1 degs! Is this switch-off-able?

·
Registered
130 Posts
[/QUOTE]

As soon as the temperature hits zero degrees centigrade outside, the Kuga BONGS at you - dead annoying when the temperature is bordering and flittering between 0 and 1 degs! Is this switch-off-able?

[/QUOTE]

Know what you mean.... Perhaps they can bring out a SW update as I have had 3 Mondeo's before the Kuga and it certainly had a better alerting tolerance when the temp hovers about the warning transition point. As you say it is dead annoying in they way they have handled this in the Kuga

·
Registered
126 Posts
zetec said:
Does anyone know if there is a hidden feature to allow the door mirrors to automatically fold once you power off the Kuga? I was reading on the Focus message boards and apparently they can do this...? Is this right?

Also, I don't think the interior courtesy lights stay on long enough once the car is unlocked and door is closed, but if you re-open the door the lights stay on a bit longer - odd.

Also (!), with keyless entry, if I get in the drivers side (pulling the handle and unlocking the car), then sit in the car for a while, a clunk noise is heard (alarm? lock?) and if someone tries to get into the passenger side, the first pull of the handle does nothing (like it's locked), but then a second pull opens the door...

Not sure I'm making sense, but just some observations! Happy New Year!

The clunk noise sounds like the steering lock, it comes off as soon as you unlock the car or get in with keyless entry which also unlocks the car. When you get into the car the steering wheel is free, but if you do nothing it will lock after a short while and you won't be able to move the steering wheel.Then if you press the ignition but without the clutch it will unlock it again. As for the light and door problem I have never noticed that but I will look out for it now.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
126 Posts
zetec said:
BigGeord said:
well put Zetec,

I have thought and noticed these things also, no answers though sorry! but I would also like to find out the answers if there is?
And here's another one...

Yes I also find that very annoying as I think it first comes on at 4oC the goes of at 4.5oC and the temperature can go up and down when driving as ½ a degree is nothing, then all you get is BONG BONG BONG every few minuets

·
Registered
126 Posts
But it is funny when my little boy in the back starts saying ""put your seat belt on daddy or that policeman will tell you off""�
and I have to explain to him that I have got my seatbelt on.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
19 Posts
Regarding the "Bong" warning when the temp hits freezing. You can turn off the fuel or temp warning in the dashboard computer. I think its under configeration??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts