Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having done nearly 6000 miles in the kuga i can truly say ford have got this one right... apart from the easy fuel system!

why is it when i fill up my left shoe becomescovered in diesel... from a pipe that seems to always drip when i'm filling up????

I've been told by ford tech that its the way i'm inserting the filler pipe - so there's instruction on how to use this 'easy fuel' system then...

Which means its not so easy when ford need to produce a TBS for such issues???

Is it only me or do other people notice fuel dripping out of a pipe behind the right hand rear wheel - no matter how they insert the filler gun???

any feedback???

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I think this is due to overfilling. Most fuel fillers have some sort of vent in the neck to avoid back pressure. If you try and squeeze more fuel in after the second filler trigger cut-out, you may get the excess fuel draining out through this pipe.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not had the problem with mine - but then as soon as the pump clicks to be full I top it up to the nearest £1 or 50p but no further.

So it might be overfilling thats the issue??

Matt fyi I normally end up filling up down the road from Dunton at the Jet on the A127 just before the M25.... (just in case this is a specific pump or station issue...)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi,
Yes I've had the fuel spill, but it was me overfilling. Best to stop at the first click-off, and certainly no more after the second click. That solves the problem.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi
I have not had the problem if you read the owners manual it says only go to the 2nd click when filling up otherwise the tank will vent on to the floor or in your caes your shoe

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Cornish, I did make a mess of one early fuelling stop. I wasn´t paying attention and only shoved the filler into the easyfuel thingy part way and pulled the trigger while looking at the pump display. I heard the splashing and realised what I had done. So, I pushed the fuel filler into the neck as far as it would reasonably go and that was that, and lesson learnt. I think if you don´t fully shove the nozzle in then the easyflow is not properly open and probably floods the place that this overflow/vent tube sits.
Better luck next time matey!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahh looking at the comments this easy fuel system does have its faults (or users are rubbsih at filling their cars up)...

i've tried fuel stations from essex to wales and have the same results in most of them... so its not limited to 1 pump!

also i never brim my car... i cant afford it
so its fivers or tenners at a time hahaha from empty... and when i say empty its on fumes, fuel light would have been on for at least 100 miles!

next time i fill up i'm putting a can under that pipe to catch the drips... every little helps!

the ford techie guy did say never go past the first click.... now thats fine if your tank is nearly full... when i was filling up the other day no sooner had i inserted the filler the bloody thing had clicked off - maybe 2l's... now how far that gonna get ya?

i'm not taking thisseriously any more... really, filling a car with fuel and you need to follow rules - most blokes dont read the manual... they rely on their WAGs to show 'em the way forward! hahaha
Edited by: applematt

·
Registered
227 Posts
When I asked the mrs if everything went ok in her 1st solo drive of the Kuga, she said that it was great but felt a bit bigafter her little Pug 306. The only other thing she commented on was the fuel peeing onto the floor when she was filling up! I think we all need to get used to not filling right to the top as we have all (except for applematt
) been used to!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^ hahahahaha

oh and remember you'll get better mpg if you half fill the tank - all that extra weight n all!
saying that fivers & tenners barely move the gauge these days - let alone half a tank!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have leak problem too, Fords claim it is not a known problem, i have had the new mondeo with the same filling system and it never had a leak.

I always stop at the first click and never overfill, infact i put £35 worth of fuel when the 50 mile warning light came on, it took it to 3 quarter full and it still dripped.... It is a definate problem and requires Fords to come up with a fix for this problem,,, when a motorcyclist has a bad crash on spilt diesel coming from a kuga fords will do something !!!! I just hope its not me on the motorbike!

Keep reporting this problem to Fords otherwise they will not do anything or know there is a problem.

·
Registered
51 Posts
same problem, Ford dealers have provided instruction how to refuel via a Ford issued instruction, better but still leaks.

Had the car 6 months and beginning to get fed up of problems,rattles, leaks and several other faults, getting to the situation were Ican see the car goingand buying a well know german car beginning with B

·
Registered
173 Posts
Now! Now! there's no need to swear( car beginning with B) Stick with the beast,better to be the minority with a machine that draws looks where ever you go ,to driving (and I use the term loosely) a Boring Machine on Wheels

·
Registered
51 Posts
HAVING SEVERAL B's OVER THE YEARS, I CAN SAY THEY ARE PUT TOGETHER BETTER AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE SECOND TO NONE, ALTHOUGH YOU PAY, SAYING THAT THE KUGA AIN'T CHEAP. ITS THE ANNOYING RATTLES AND POOR SERVICE AND LET THE CAR DOWN.

REGARDS TO ALL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts