Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Kuga has just approached 8500 miles in 10 months and the oil service light has come on . I rang the dealer and they say it's due for a servicealreadyeven thoughthe handbook and dealer states that it's 12 months or 12500 miles , so it will be interesting what they say when I take it in on Thursday ! .
I will post after then what they say , have anyone else had the same happen to them? . I'm worried because this could end up being serviced twice a year at this rate

·
Registered
622 Posts
Kuga-al66,
YES YES I had the very same thing happen to my Kuga about five weeks ago with around 4000 miles on the clock from new.
Took it back to the dealers, it is a known fault. they did a bit of brain surgery (remap) I was told and changed the oil. All under the warrenty, you should have no problems getting it sorted. My dealer is Polar Ford i.e. Ford Motor Company.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
IsPolar Ford . . . FMC?

·
Registered
55 Posts
strangely after reading this, the same thing happened to mine. I am midway between services so the "Service Oil" warning wa snot expected. Its witht he dealer now so I don't know the cause yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cancelled my appointment toc heck my light coming on after reading my first reply and told Polar about the reply I had got off the kuga owners club site ,but the garage being as they are just said it's 12500 miles or 12 months . Iasked if they could check by plugging into my engine management to checkit but they told me I'd have to leave it with them for a couple of hours .I spoke to a small garage and they told me that the service indicator is SET when the car is built not when the car is PDO'd . Now that makes sense and thats why my light came on- it's a case of Ford trying to rip us off with a early service . Imagine if the car had been stockpiled for months , the light could then come anytime after being sold if it was 12 months before it had been sold .
One bit of luck is when I bought my car , I bought a service plan . I was supposed to have bought a Polar care plan but when i wanted someing doing tomy car , they had cocked up and I was on the Ford one - great I don't have to use Polar Wilmslow

Ford garage's willsoon see the power us owner club members have if we are'nt happy with them .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts