Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I' ve got an extremly minimalistic description from my dealer of the DVD navigation, and i have been trying to find better descriptions on the net, without any success. They are trying to sell a 2000 Euro extra with 4 sentences... amazing ..

So could anyone please point me to some information?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Well, here is my opinion. If it helps. I have got a bit more used to it now, but still rate Tom Tom higher for usability and user features and their web based options. The main reason I chose it though was to avoid lots of individual units and screens, and the unit does interface to most of the Kuga's systems.

http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=87

Also, if you need a real guide, maybe this link is still up>

http://fordfcsd.wunderman.be/UK/Audio - Multimedia - Navigation/Touch screen Navigation system_CG3537/

THanks to Dave for that last one.

Happy reading....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great thanks, or maybe not so great ... I had the same idea as you. I was bored at the GPS unit and phone handsfree, would be great to have it integrated. But the link goes to an old file from 2006. What are the differnces with the system?

Can somebody tell me about the smaller GPS unit. Is it better, or is it Blaupunkt?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I didn'tnotice any differences between this manual and how my touchscreen unit is working, so I am pretty sure it is current. Hence my plea for more up-to-date usability from Blaupunkt!

Can't comment on the last question though I do like the idea of having the SD card interface, I would really like to have that on the 'top end' unit! If you go to that same manual page link and use the back link on the page you will find the menus for downloading all audio manualsincluding the5 inch sytem as well as owner manuals for all the current Ford range.
Edited by: quatroxquatro

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh ok i guess they just swapped the CD to a DVD, and i read somewhere else that the unit had been upgraded 2008.

Thanks i will take a look on the smaller one also.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My husband Insisted we had the upgraded Blaupunkt system! Are we ever regreting it? YES
We were told it was CD multi track - it's not

We were told it played DVD's - it doesn't

We were told my Ipod would work on the touch screen - it doesn't

We were told you could pair up to 6 mobile phones to it - suprise - you can, BUT, when you have more than one mobile in the car, the system can't cope & wont work correctly.

The voice recognition wont accept my Somerset accent!

AND this is unbelieveable! I cannot have a manual for it! Blaupunkt only deal with dealers, my dealer says the manual doesn't excist!

Off back to the dealer AGAIN tomorrow, where I intend to stamp my feet & throw a stress.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not so much worried about the CD - thing. But this must mean that the unit reads directly from DVD all the time? Sounds slow and unbelivable 2008 ??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts