Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,742 Posts
Erm….did you (spankybum) say the other week, that my posts needed to come with an interpreter….back at ya.
You obviously don't watch Wheeler Dealers. Channel 161 I think 7pm and later on Quest.

If you have never seen it you have missed a good series.

Reactions: Ross J

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
2,373 Posts
Erm….did you (spankybum) say the other week, that my posts needed to come with an interpreter….back at ya.
My post is all in English, where as yours are mainly in Swahili.

• Haha
Reactions: davidoff

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,764 Posts
I used to watch it, then they did a series in the USA and from then I lost interest.

Like many new TV shows, the rawness and hands on, which attracted me, as I could relate to it was overtaken by more “glitzy if I can put it like that and it got more and more fake, if that makes sense.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,764 Posts
My post is all in English, where as yours are mainly in Swahili.
This is true, you obviously took languages at school.

I’m sure that Blackadder once made a reference to the said language you refer to, and it had many laffs. I rest my case. “Asante”. My friend.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,742 Posts
I used to watch it, then they did a series in the USA and from then I lost interest.

Like many new TV shows, the rawness and hands on, which attracted me, as I could relate to it was overtaken by more “glitzy if I can put it like that and it got more and more fake, if that makes sense.
You should have kept with it. Are you on about the early US series with Edd or the later ones with Ant. I saw in one of the episodes Mike was wearing a T shirt with his name on it followed by Motors. Have a Google and see what comes up.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,764 Posts
I saw both and liked both Ed and Ant. For me the programme went the wrong way and that’s why Ed agreed with me and left the show.

I don’t have that much time, due to Swahili and English classes. Lol.

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
2,373 Posts
Glasses Photograph Facial expression Vision care Muscle

Water Building Font Waterway Bridge

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,764 Posts
Is that aimed at me…as you’ve not used @. Lol. I’ll shut up.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
1,161 Posts
good for you, go for it, although I suspect it will need to be bigger than the marked out area, but a test hole will suffice for now, we want to see the hole (y)

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,764 Posts
Have you thought about removing that brown stuff as maybe thats there to stop water ingress?

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
1,161 Posts
Have you thought about removing that brown stuff as maybe thats there to stop water ingress?
Looks like a bit of sound deadening to me.

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
1,986 Posts
You could pull the grommet out and have a look with an endoscope but that looks like a good bet where you're at now.

·
Registered
2008 Zetec Kuga Mk1
168 Posts
Sorry I've only just been on the forum now having been off for a few days.

It is my Mk1. Kuga with the homemade hole cutout.

My recommendation would be (if you're determined to go in from the top)
Start with the cut along the edge parallel to the front of the car, that is where there is the most clearance to the fuel tank below, gradually cut and peel the plate back.

I'd also take the black seat mount frame out, it's another 15min job but gives a better access to lift the pump out straight

·
Registered
2008 Zetec Kuga Mk1
168 Posts
Also I had a hole drill and ended up moving the grommet the harness ran through, but that was for closing the hole up after I needed a the plate I was putting in after to have some space beyond where the hole was cut

·
Registered
2010 Kuga 2.0 Cdti (163bhp)
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Also I had a hole drill and ended up moving the grommet the harness ran through, but that was for closing the hole up after I needed a the plate I was putting in after to have some space beyond where the hole was cut
Have you got any more pics of what you done? Cheers

21 - 40 of 66 Posts