Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Kuga 2.0 Cdti (163bhp)
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know how big of a job it is to drop the fuel tank in order to replace the fuel tank sender? Need to do it tomorrow just want to prepare myself tool wise, what else needs to be removed in order for the tank to drop out? Thanks

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
2,391 Posts
Do you need to drop the tank? Is there not an access panel under the rear seats? I haven't looked on the Kuga but it's a common thing to access from above, I've definitely had it on other cars.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not on the kuga no u need to drop the tank.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,762 Posts
This is what @Stevros3 found on his. A homemade inspection panel.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is what @Stevros3 found on his. A homemade inspection panel.

Yer seen that, I'm guessing it's a bloody big job to drop the tank then if people are considering doing this?

·
7,762 Posts
Yer seen that, I'm guessing it's a bloody big job to drop the tank then if people are considering doing this?
Some people are just bodger's. I dropped a fuel tank once in an XR3. It wasn't too bad. A steel tank in those days and I made sure it was nearly empty of fuel which helps.

I will send you a PM with a link which may help.

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
1,988 Posts
If its AWD then you've got all the rear diff to remove as far as I can tell which is a job in itself.

As bad as that hatch looks to be honest 1/2 hr with a Dremel and some thought you could make an access panel and make a decent job of it.

One or two snapped bolts under the car and you are in a world of pain!.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
1,187 Posts
Get the Makita grinder out and cut an access panel under the seat, thats what Edd China would do 👍

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's just knowing where to cut!? Its a guessing game

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
1,988 Posts
There's a picture of a Mk1 2l Diesel in Smartguy69's post above with access location.

·
7,762 Posts
Get the Makita grinder out and cut an access panel under the seat, thats what Edd China would do 👍
But what would Ant Anstead do.

·
Registered
2020 Mk3 Titainium Lucid Red 1.5Ltr Diesel
245 Posts
If its AWD then you've got all the rear diff to remove as far as I can tell which is a job in itself.

As bad as that hatch looks to be honest 1/2 hr with a Dremel and some thought you could make an access panel and make a decent job of it.

One or two snapped bolts under the car and you are in a world of pain!.
Keith, your spot on. A bit of thought, a dremel, joint sealer, aerosol primer and paint and it will look like a factory modification.

Reactions: keithmac

·
Administrator
2,391 Posts
Reactions: davidoff

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Yeah but he's also got a lift and a workshop full of tools for when it goes wrong. 🙈
This is true, and whilst he knowledgeable he’s not Edd .😎

·
Administrator
2,391 Posts
This is true, and whilst he knowledgeable he’s not Edd .😎
I actually like him, I admit, I didn't want to like Ant as I did was a fan of Edd, but I did.

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
I actually like him, I admit, I didn't want to like Ant as I did was a fan of Edd, but I did.
I like him, but the format has changed so much you don’t see as much of the spanner work now. That’s why Edd spat his dummy out.

·
Administrator
2,391 Posts
I like him, but the format has changed so much you don’t see as much of the spanner work now. That’s why Edd spat his dummy out.
All change now anyway, back in the UK With Elvis.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts