Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this was a recent post in another forum, but I will be going to France in July and need to sort out the headlamp beam issue.

It was mentioned there that you can buy Eurolite converters, but surely there's a way to actually adjust the beams on the lamp units themselves. Other makes of cars have levers or dials on the back of the lamps (under the bonnet) so they can be adjusted, without the need to put deflector stickers on the lenses outside.

Is this possible on the Kuga?

Any thoughts would be gratefully received!!

Cheers

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Likewise I'll be taking the beast over to France and would love to know how to do this instead of using the Eurolite option.

It is apparently possible according to HTG in this thread: http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=396&KW=&PID=7923#7923

HTG said:
I have gone from a Zetec to a Titanium with X pack. Very
disappointed with the full leather seats; there are no side/lateral
supports to the seats, which is particularly important with a full
leather seat! Choose the X pack option and the sport seat feature is
eliminated.

The
solar screen and panorama impede any portable sat nav device. The
satellite signals are restricted by the sun screening films within the
glass. You need to have an external antenna to restore good reception,
especially in built up areas.

Everything else is fine. I
like the fact that you can easily convert the xenon lights to dip to
the right when driving in europe.
That said one of my indicators has packed in today so I put my head under the bonnet for the first time tonight and I'll be buggered if I could work out where on earth the access to the blubs are never mind any sort of headlight adjustment switch or lever. May ask the dealer when the indicator gets checked out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gazwats - but, reading this earlier post, I wonder if it's only on the xenons that you can do the adjustments?

Likewise, I looked under the bonnet and could find very little space behind the lamps - how do you get in there to change a bulb? (on some Hyundais you have to remove the front bumper to change a headlight bulb, hopefully not the same on the Kuga..?)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.