Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some idiot clipped my wing mirror this weekend and broke a chunk of the black plastic part off that surround the actual glass/mirror part. Anyone got one spare or know where I can get just part of the wing mirror for a good price?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Bad luck Jackso11, my husband accidently caught our driver side mirror coming out of our garage. It also cracked the plastic surround which has to be replaced as a whole package. Ford quoted around £200 to replace it and although I trawled loads of websites, I couldn't get it for much cheaper. However, if it is just the back panel, it is about £35 and easy to do yourself so fingers crossed.
Luckily ours was able to be pushed together and glued with only a miniscule crack but it is so frustrating just to know it is there. will probably get it done when it gets its first service.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh dear, this doesn't sound very good. When you say the back panel do you mean the coloured part? it is the black plastic non coloured mirror glas surround that is broken.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Yes, the back panel is the coloured bit. Unfortunately the expensive bit is the surround. The pain is is that it iscostly but not worth claiming on your insurance because of the excess.Good luck if you find a good deal and please let me know as I am in the same market

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, you are right, the non-colour coded part is the more expensive part. However I have found a place doing it for £65.97 + vat and about £30 for the colour coded bit if you need it.

http://www.fordsparts.co.uk ----- Thats them.

Hope that helps you. :)

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

Sorry for the delay. The part isnt listed on that site, I rang them up and ordered it.
Came today, perfect!

Hope it is the bit you need to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts