Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my fully-loaded Kuga for nearly 3 months now and it's been brilliant - nothing wrong with it until I started to notice that the driver seat base seems to move ever so slightly (noticeably under acceleration/braking). Anyone else got this? I have the full-leather electric seat, and I'm sure it isn't the actual seat frame, but the cushion itself. May take it to the dealer...

·
Registered
76 Posts
zetec said:
I haven't taken it in just yet - will keep you posted though...

Please do
I'll do the same...

Now that I am aware of the problem it reallyannoys me. The movement isn't big, but now I'm noticing it about 50 times per trip or just about every time Irelease the brakes og go off the throttle, I feel this little"tick" in the seat base.

I remember I also noticed it on the demo car i drove before I ordered mine, but didn't pay much attention to it then...

@Lochydog: Does your car also have the electric drivers seat??

Anyone else noticing this??

·
Registered
76 Posts
Seems to be a pretty common problem. I am sure the tech department at Ford knows about it.
I mentioned to my dealer, but they said they had not heared of it before... My car is going in in a couple of week to sort out some other thing and the seat base problem...

My fear is that if some many cars experience this, it is not a normal "fault", but more a mechanicly related problem with the design...

Once you hav noticed it, it's very anoying to since it happens just about every time you brake or release the brakes

Anyway, I have never noticed anything like this on any car I have driven before (100's), so I'll make them fix it one way or the other.

maybe put in a new seat??

So, anyone else feel a little "click" in your bum sometimeswhendriving your Kuga's??

Edited by: sap_2000

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aha - I've been off the forums for a while (too busy enjoying the Kuga) - so there are others with exactly the same problem!

Interesting that a Norwegian LHD one has the same bum-click (!) movement as mine - I reckon it must be a design flaw. Driving though the twisty Cheddar Gorge last week, I noticed it more when going left-right now rather stop/start.

I still haven't asked the dealer yet - but will do so soon...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Zetec

My Kuga has gone into dealership today, the seats on the list of issues to be rectified.
I will update post when I get my Kuga back.......

·
Registered
8 Posts
First visit to this Forum.
Got a Kuga Titanium Xand experiencing thesame problem with slight movement in the drivers electric seatunder braking and acceleration.

Dealer checked it over and advised it'sa design fault with the seat adjustment mechanism.

Anyone had any luck getting the problem resolved?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine was at the shop last week to fix the seat issueamong other problems.

They did change the mechanism and the seat got better, but there is still slight movement in the seat. I will pursue this issue every week until it is solved....

They managed to scratch some interior panels probably when they took the seat out and did not inform me, so they will have to fix that to...

I am also having quitea few other problems with the Kuga.

I am getting so ***ing tired of issues not being solved and lousy customer service

This is my first Ford and by the looks of things now, it wil definetly be the last one too!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts