Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013/63 reg. has a really annoying rattle inside the drivers door. Don't want to take car back to dealer as they can not do it for a couple of weeks - by which time I will be totally bonkers or deaf due3 turning radio up to drown out the rattle !!!!
Has anyone know how to remove the door trim card so that I can find this cursed rattle ???
Please help.

·
Registered
222 Posts
no but i have same problem in passengar door

·
Registered
368 Posts
Mine rattles when is window closed, fine when open sounds like door sill rubbers creaking driving me mad
lose the car for a day at dealers and i am sure it will come back the same.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It's simple when you think how it's put on, and it's hung from the top of the door then it falls into place perfectly then clips line up with relevant holes which are banged in using the flat of your hand. All trim cards are pretty much the shame on ALL mass production cars. It's a speed of assembly thing.

THEN the plastic trim pieces around the window aperture are installed and often a couple of fixing screws.

So start with the trim pieces and look behind the door opener lever for a fixing screw, and inside the recess used to pull the door closed, then start from the bottom corners of the trim card once you've actually looked along the bottom to be certain no screws are in place and only clips.
Have proper look all around the edges of the door.
Use your noggin and feel where the clips are placed so you don't damaged the card and it's common sense. Work your way up and careful not to pull away too far because of the wired connections.

Enjoy

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had a rattle described as a chattering from the drivers door of my Sport for a few weeks now. Had it at the dealers and they're baffled by the cause. It only happens with window up as it disappears when down. Had the window regulator changed today with no difference so a new window, all seals and a door lock ordered today to see if changing that lot helps. Will keep you updated as they progress with this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Problem solved.....almost every part within the door including all trims etc was replaced but to no avail. I then found the topic CREAKING DRIVERS DOOR in the Technical section of Mk 2 Kuga and pm'd KUGA 4ME who gave me details of the fix.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,706 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Dixie078 - Please have a read here and update your signature with your car's details which lets the forum know what you have if you need to post another issue.

Welcome to the Forum, Please Read | Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums

As for your question the post you are requesting information from is 7 years old and the member @gus1873 hasn't been seen since May 2019 so they are unlikely to respond. The other member referred to @Kuga 4Me hasn't been seen since 2017 and it would appear that he didn't want to share the solution with the forum. The link referred to is here but it doesn't offer a solution.

Creaking Drivers Door | Page 2 | Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums

Reactions: Dixie078

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Dixie078 - Please have a read here and update your signature with your car's details which lets the forum know what you have if you need to post another issue.

Welcome to the Forum, Please Read | Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums

As for your question the post you are requesting information from is 7 years old and the member @gus1873 hasn't been seen since May 2019 so they are unlikely to respond. The other member referred to @Kuga 4Me hasn't been seen since 2017 and it would appear that he didn't want to share the solution with the forum. The link referred to is here but it doesn't offer a solution.

Creaking Drivers Door | Page 2 | Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums
Thank you @smartguy69

1 - 9 of 9 Posts