Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worried about this DPF mod, what it involves, what will be the delay in terms of production and delivery .
Where is this mod being carried out? ie is it a factory fit or dealership for the first few?

Hope you guys who get your Kuga's in the next week or so will keep us informed.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
108 Posts
There are a number of issues surrounding this problem for ford as they dont currently use down stream injection. This system injects fuel into the manifold to increase the temp and burn off any dpf soot...

Ford currently use other systems to increase the exhaust temp to burn off soot which has lead to a few problems... i.e. The dpf has the potential to clog up with soot as its not burnt off.

I think there are possibly some software mods and maybe a new part or two in the air intake system that will fix this problem for kuga. A dpf is expensive but its simple to replace... expense is the worry of ford hence the hold up in delivery.

Dealers have the tools to de-soot the dpf for those vehicles out in the field (like my kuga 700 miles on...) so there shouldnt be too much bother... lets face it kuga owners in the EU have had their cars on the road now for about 6 weeks - it may be due to the info collected on the EU that hasdelayed delivery of uk models???

Kuga isa fantastic car to dirve and i cant tell anyone enough about it... i've had many ford cars in my time and i can say i'm feeling the difference!

03 Focus ST170

53 Mini Cooper

06 Focus ST

07 Focus Ghia

07 Fiesta ST

08 Kuga

09 Kuga

10 Kuga....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the in-depth information applematt, its nice to know what is going on with this mod at last. I've tried to find out some information, but no joy.

Much the same as you I have had alot offords (due to employee discount), held back on the Puma and ST due to family matter's. But aftera test drivesome 3 weeks ago in the Kuga I was hooked, it just felt right.

Looking forward to watching Topgear (starting this Sunday). Might get some feed back from them when they review it.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everyone

Just received this from Ford Technical:

'Stop sale on Kuga has been lifted on dealer delivered vehicles subject to the guidelines laid out in the ''witheld''in Etis which is currently being updated. The Stop Ship notice has also been lifted. Status for vehicles is shown below:

- All vehicles built from June 2nd 2008 have been fitted with the revised air duct.

- Units held in Saarlouis have been updated with revised air ducts before shipment.

- Vehicles at VHC are being shipped to dealers and will need to be reworked before sale

- A rework instruction for dealer delivered vehicles has been issued in Etis and parts for the update will be available in Daventry by June 18th.

Basically, everything thats in the factory is having the rework done there, and everything dealer delivered should be able to have the rework done from tomorrow onwards.

Hope this sets your minds at ease!
Edited by: DD1209

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi DD1209, Did Ford tech give permission to publish the entire document?
When ever i relay info from etis i generally give outline info onlywith little techie content. The ford service centres can deal with the detail...as most of us forum surfers dont need to know the inns and outs...

Sometimes the detail contained with in FSA's should be kept in house rather than in the public domain as some may try and fix the problem themselves... which has its obvious problems.

I dont intend to come across rude... it's just sometimes these issues could damage the brand - and ford dont need that currently!

It may be obviousby the content ofsome of my posts that i work @ ford dunton on diesel powertrain?

·
Registered
12 Posts
This isn't the whole document! Its a brief outlineof the most important bits.

I appreciate you are worried that people may lose faith in their new car, the brand etc, but its surely better to be honest with customers so they know whats going on. Someone else will only tell a magazine or tv programme (Look at what the recent article on Watchdog about Focus 2003MY did - create **** at dealerships!) where it will be distorted out of all proportion.

I'm sure the people on this website who are waiting for their Kuga's are anxious to know whats going on with them and what the resolve it.

I think the old saying 'honestly is the best policy' works here.

·
Registered
108 Posts
DD1209 said:
This isn't the whole document! Its a brief outlineof the most important bits.

I appreciate you are worried that people may lose faith in their new car, the brand etc, but its surely better to be honest with customers so they know whats going on. Someone else will only tell a magazine or tv programme (Look at what the recent article on Watchdog about Focus 2003MY did - create **** at dealerships!) where it will be distorted out of all proportion.

I'm sure the people on this website who are waiting for their Kuga's are anxious to know whats going on with them and what the resolve it.

I think the old saying 'honestly is the best policy' works here.

Looks like the ford service network does keep some informed - post > http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=32<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

As most of the kuga's will be within the dealer network I didn't think this level of detail needed to be posted (ie. FSA number etc""¦). Those that need to know will be informed as required, the last thing the dealer network need is anxious customers calling them up telling them what they should be doing""¦

Honesty is by all means the best policy... however, all kuga owners need to know is when their vehicles will be ready for pick up... and those owners (like me) with road going kuga's will be called in for re-work (which are very few and far between).

I'm sure clarkson will mention this problem rather explain how good the vehicle really is...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Matt

Have removed the FSA number.

Unfortunately owners don't just want to know when their cars will be ready now, they want to know all the details! Working in a dealership at the receiving end (for the last 11 years), I know what customers want and expect, no disrespect to you.

There is more info than I provided on other website forums, Honest Jfor one!

I'm glad you are enjoying your car. Its always great to hear so many good reviews and responsed from people who actually own these cars and not just drive them for half an hour!!I'm sure this minor setback will neither discourage people or scare them away. As soon as they get in the Kuga they'll see its much better than the other competitor and well worth the money.

DD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts