Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cars throwing up DPF faults indicating that it is blocked. I have exchanged the sensor for a new one and this hasn't helped. I sat the other morning holding the revs above 2500 for a good 20 minutes and have cleared the fault codes following each interaction.

I am now looking at replacing the DPF filter itself as its a similar price to have the original cleaned.

has anyone got any advice to offer, tips, hints or issues I may face?

MK1 2009/59 2.0 TDCI 124,000 miles

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue recently Kuga mk1 2009/59 132,000miles, tried the normal 25miles at 2500 revs, didn't work took it to my local garage they tested and said they needed to replace the DPF pressure switch 'the readings were all over the place' price for part was £180 but they said this may not fix the problem but to progress with the fix, the sensor needed to be replaced first, so I reluctantly gave my go ahead, anyway the following day I picked up the car all fixed and working, they said after replacing the pressure switch they used INOTEC DPF Doctor £20.50 which when I search I found its a can of spray cleaner, my car has been fine for 3 weeks and feels significantly better then before the fix, perhaps try a can of INOTEC DPF Doctor available on ebay before you go down the replacing the DPF filter route.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Toshi, I have just purchased two cans of INOTEC DPF, it states you remove the temp sensor, unload the full can and then sit at 2500rpm for 20 minutes to loosen and clean. providing the filter is not too blocked this may get me away.
fingers crossed that this helps.

personally I don't think think the filter can be that blocked as its only as of this year that the car has travelled fewer miles than normal, couple of miles to take the kids to school and shopping locally. COVID exhaust problems with no longer journeys are not helping many I would guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts