1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 mk1 titanium
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hiya

I have a 61 plate titanium

Ok so i got the dreaded amber engine light thrown up siting dpf which i had last year and a good clean sorted it out i did the same this year had a mobile guy come out after my attempt to spray it garnered no results trying to force a regen kept hitting 97% and failing.

Only its still not cleard the fault stating soot accumulation improper conditions for the regen with all this limp mode etc

Ive ordered a new dpf sensor and a exhaust temp sensor im pretty confident i can do the pressure sensor its the exhaust temp sensor im not sure on i have tried to find links online but it keeps throwing up videos for the dpf sensor.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some instructional videos so i can get my head around how i remove the old one and install the new one , and i guess on a side note will i be able to do it on the drive using portable ramps.

Sorry for the waffle question first time trying to have a go myself

Cheers

Thanks for the advice , im still faffing around with it as yet not got the amber light cleared i do now have the new sensors in my posession just waiting for my neighbour to get home so we cannplug his laptop in , on a side note the photo i have attached can anyone enlighten me as to what it is ?

Its near the dpf just above the sub frame heading back towards the engine , is it possible for me to tidy it up as im sure it didn't leave the factory like that tried google but i havent a clue where to even start to try and figure out what it is

Attachments

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,706 Posts
@Braderific - you can edit your posts by clicking the three dots at the top right of your post so no need to post the same post twice.

I know you are not a new member but please update your signature with your car's details which will save you having to type what you have each time you want to post. Details in the link below.

You need a diagnostic doing on the car as there are numerous faults associated with the dpf and on your model it is possibly the DPF pressure sensor. You need to buy a modded ELM327 and download FORScan to establish what fault codes you have before throwing parts at it.

Also it is not a good idea to try numerous forced regenerations as on some cars it will dump excess diesel in the sump.

ELM327 link

FORScan link

1 - 3 of 3 Posts