1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Kuga MK1 Titanium TCDI 2.0 AWD 163BHP
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone

Sorry if this is a bit long winded.

I purchased my Kuga 2011 plate just before Christmas from a local chap who has had it from new but has over 160,000 miles (mainly motorway driving) and has been running well, I was driving to work around 70-80mph and the red triangle came on and went into limp mode, lucky I have a odb2 reader in the car and got the message”Diesel Particulate Filter Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1”
I pulled over and switched off the engine and started up again and no error came back until 4 days later and again soon as I hit the dual carriageway the triangle again with the same error.
I have forscan on my laptop so plugged the car in and ran some dpf checks and not sure if the data is right but I revved the car but dpf_load stays at 0% and also dp_dpf kpa stays at 0% I’m guessing this is not normal?
I have taken a screenshot

Please can someone point me in the right direction.
I’ve put in a dpf cleaner and also fuelled up with BP ultimate.
Local journeys the car is fine but soon as I hit anything over 70-80mph the light comes straight on, I’m guessing the Kuga is not doing a regeneration?

Any help would be great :)

Mark.

·
Registered
Ford Kuga 2008 (58) 2.0 TDCI Titanium 4x4
23 Posts
Hi Everyone

Sorry if this is a bit long winded.

I purchased my Kuga 2011 plate just before Christmas from a local chap who has had it from new but has over 160,000 miles (mainly motorway driving) and has been running well, I was driving to work around 70-80mph and the red triangle came on and went into limp mode, lucky I have a odb2 reader in the car and got the message”Diesel Particulate Filter Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1”
I pulled over and switched off the engine and started up again and no error came back until 4 days later and again soon as I hit the dual carriageway the triangle again with the same error.
I have forscan on my laptop so plugged the car in and ran some dpf checks and not sure if the data is right but I revved the car but dpf_load stays at 0% and also dp_dpf kpa stays at 0% I’m guessing this is not normal?
I have taken a screenshot
View attachment 5425
Please can someone point me in the right direction.
I’ve put in a dpf cleaner and also fuelled up with BP ultimate.
Local journeys the car is fine but soon as I hit anything over 70-80mph the light comes straight on, I’m guessing the Kuga is not doing a regeneration?

Any help would be great :)

Mark.

Personally i would use forscan to do a forced regen of the DPF and then drive it again and see if the error still comes up when you drive it after.

I've recently got a Kuga and they told me it had that error before i bought it and they replaced the DPF sensor because it wasn't working properly so that could be the issue if the forced regen doesn't work or if the error comes back.

·
Registered
Ford Kuga MK1 Titanium TCDI 2.0 AWD 163BHP
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally i would use forscan to do a forced regen of the DPF and then drive it again and see if the error still comes up when you drive it after.

I've recently got a Kuga and they told me it had that error before i bought it and they replaced the DPF sensor because it wasn't working properly so that could be the issue if the forced regen doesn't work or if the error comes back.
Many thanks for your help I did try a static regen and failed a few days ago, so purchased another dpf sensor (a stark sensor) this time and installed it.
Fired up forscan and now everything is regeistering so did a static regen and completed successfully, I took the Kuga out for a good run this morning and hit 80mph and no warning lights anymore 😄

·
Registered
Ford Kuga 2008 (58) 2.0 TDCI Titanium 4x4
23 Posts
Many thanks for your help I did try a static regen and failed a few days ago, so purchased another dpf sensor (a stark sensor) this time and installed it.
Fired up forscan and now everything is regeistering so did a static regen and completed successfully, I took the Kuga out for a good run this morning and hit 80mph and no warning lights anymore 😄
That's good news (y) . It's always good when a problem is easy to solve.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sensor seems a common problem. Try the ford dpf app (fdpf) which gives a good readout of the DPF function

1 - 5 of 5 Posts