Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

download pics

3K views 25 replies 6 participants last post by  KugaCat 
#1 ·
Does anyone one know in simple terms how to download a pic of my kuga on this forum.
Thanks

Peter

#2 ·
Hi Petee, it is a bit of a strange one at first but i will try and explain.... the box that you type your post inhas a picture of a tree on it. That button is to add a URL adddress to where your image is located o the web. It is the first time i have had to upload images to the web for this purpose but found "photobucket" really easy to use. It is free and only takes a few moments to upload up to 10 images at a time! When you have your images on photobucket use the copy adddress feature to paste the URL in the preview panel on the post reply. simple when you know how.....

Regards Jase

PS welcome to the small but perfectly formed club!

#4 ·
ok peteee, if you have uploaded the pics to photobucket? then they should be displayed with about 4 lines of text under each photo. One is the URL. This is what you need to right click and copy! Then go into the post window and press the tree symbol. At the top right is a box saying image URL. I find this sometimes has the HTTP already in the box, if so delete it and paste the complete URL fom photobucket as this already has the HTTP prefix. At this stage you can preview the image in the pane below, if it works then click on "OK". The image should now be in your post and ready for another or just end by clicking post reply!...hope this helps

#6 ·
Hi Jase1,

I too have found it difficult to download on to here, thanks for the info. There is a question I would like to ask you if thats OK. I don't want to download photos with my reg number displayed, I have tried to distort or hide it on the program that I use but with no success, I thought you may be able to give me some tips on how to do this? It's an Olympus Digital SLR program that came with the camera. Any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

#8 ·
This used to be foolproof so here goes - full instructions.......

1 Join photobucket
2 Upload your photos to photobucket following
the instructions on the site. It doesn't mind about the original
resolution of your pictures and when it asks you which size, medium or
large will do for this forum.
3 When your pics are successfully
appearing in photobucket, you'll see a few boxes underneath - one of
them will start with square brackets followed by an "IMG".
4 Left mouse click in the box that says IMG, and you'll get a notification saying "copied" under your mouse pointer.
5 Now go to the post you want to reply to, and click on "post reply" in the normal way.
6 Type a comment for your photo, press the "space bar", and then right mouse click, "paste" to paste the line containing IMG into the post window.
7 Make sure you have a square bracket at the start and end of the line containing "IMG" otherwise it won't work.
8 Click the "preview post" button and hey presto, your pics on here for us all to enjoy....

#9 ·
KugaCat said:
Hi Jase1,

I too have found it difficult to download on to here, thanks for the info. There is a question I would like to ask you if thats OK. I don't want to download photos with my reg number displayed, I have tried to distort or hide it on the program that I use but with no success, I thought you may be able to give me some tips on how to do this? It's an Olympus Digital SLR program that came with the camera. Any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
There are better solutions than the one I propose below, but this one is available to all windows users for free, with software already installed on your PC!!

All computers with windows come with a free program called "PAINT". In XP, you can find it in START---> All Programs ---> Accessories, Paint. Advanced users can find it by typing "mspaint" into the START "RUN" window.

When the program starts, open your image and edit away as necessary. Don't be surprised by how big your picture is when it first opens if it is a large megapixel one, either zoom out or move the sliders around until you find your number plate. The program icons are self explanatory and this is the most basic of all the image editors you can find. Use the "pick colour" tool to click somewhere on the yellow or white of your number plate and then you can block out the plate in the natural plate colour.

When done, save your new image as a jpeg file and upload to photobox / the forum as above.

#10 ·
Although I do wipe my number plate when posting online I must admit I'm not 100% sure why I bother with it... someone is just as likley to steal the identity or look-up owner details, or whatever I'm protecting against by wiping, as I drive up and down the country.

Yes I'm sure it's easier to trawl online for them but on a car like the Kuga is that likely?Howeverit's also easy to take pic's and avoid showing all the plate, side views, quarter front or rear shots etc. (if you don't have any software to wipe the plate letters).

But as the other advice, find a nice picture hosting site and copy the direct URL links from the newly hosted pictures and paste into the Tree icon on this site (removing the http:// that is already listed).

Enjoy...

#14 ·
Some photo hosting sites also need a password/login details so perhaps this could be blocking the direct link, they usually will provide a link that will work directly. As mentioned above, just try popping the url link you pasted into the tree icon window and we can give it a go, see what happens.

#15 ·
Hi,

The trouble I'm having is that when it comes to pasting the URL- http link, the paste which should be there is not!!! I have to type out the full file name but then when I do manage it as before I get the red cross in the post reply box. Talk about frustrating...... I have sat here sratching my head and pulling my hair out, at this rate Im going to bebald!!

I have actually managed to get a photo on photobucket but that where the problem starts.

I will try again with your kind suggestions and see what happens but if I still can't get it to work then may be you will have to pop by the 'bucket' website and view directly from that, and I will give up,sorry.
Edited by: KugaCat

#18 ·
mmm not sure what the message is suggesting, still seems to me the problem could be the link you are referencing is perhaps not the correct one. Try and post the link on it's own in a replay and let's see if we can access that on it's own (rather than trying to view the photo itself in the posting). It should still allow a browser to view the picture if you cut and paste the link into it.

#20 ·
I get the same file removed or deleted. If you've not had enough of it try putting the picture back on photobucket and post the new link like you did above, let's see if we can see it there and then work on getting it to display automatically in a post reply.

With the exception of the img bit in square brackets that link looks like it should be ok, if the image was still there.
Edited by: rich_y2

#24 ·
Hi all,

I know a few folks on here have loaded their pics onto Flickr, so I've
set up a Kuga Owners group.

Despite the fact I'm STILL waiting for mine
to arrive (ordered mid Jan and still at least 3-4 weeks away
).

Just thought that perhaps this may be an easier way for folks to host their pics?

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1055030@N21

Edited by: Gazwats

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.