Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Has anybody had any problems where the car seems to have intermittent problems re performance? When I picked the car up in late November I was really impressed with the performance, however, on the next tank of diesel it seemed ok and then the performance seemed to drop off a bit. I thought it was down to Tesco diesel so changed to BP Ultimate diesel as a friend swears by it and all seemed to be ok again and I have been running on Ultimate ever since but have noticed that the same thing is happening again. My commute is a mixture of urban + slowish A roads top speed around the 60 mark, apart from this I have the occasional trip on A13 up to about 75ish but the car just does not feel so nippy as it was. Mileage is now about 1700 and I know that diesels take a while to loosen up but I don't understand why one minute it seems ok and the next minute its not, any ideas??

Raymondo111

·
Registered
260 Posts
I don't know if the Kuga has a KAM fuse, but if it has this could be your answer?

Basically its a memory bank which remembers your driving style and outputs performance to your style of driving! So if you been driving it slowly and taking it easy, it will remember this style and output the response accordingly. Where as, if you have always been driving it hard, it will remember this and the car will feel more resposive as a result.
You can reset the memory on this by removing the KAM fuse for 15 minutes, and then replacing it and the car will be like new and ready to learn your style of driving
. Or you could just drive it hard for 100 miles+ which also works.

But as I said, don't know if this is on the Kuga as I aint getting mine until March 1st but hopefully someone who has one can let more light on to the subject regarding the fuse? This is what is done on the Focus ST when the better halves have had it for a day or two!
Edited by: daisbuys

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Daisbuys,

One of my colleagues who also has a Kugaother half works at Dunton so she will get him to check this out with somebody in the Transit engine calibration lab so I will let everybody know the results. Having said that I started driving a bit harder today on the bits where I could get some speed up so maybe this will help!! I gues I will have to watch the fuel consumption for what's the best compromise but I must admit that when I found this a problem just after getting the car I did a trip up the M11 to Cambridge at about 80-85 and the car ran better after this for a while. I can understand now why people say you should drive them hard!!

Raymondo111

1 - 3 of 3 Posts