Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

We are only in week three of ownership with our new Kuga Titanium. I noticed the other day when driving over a bit of uneven road there was some ratteling to the front passenger door. I then felt the panel from where you rest your elbow and then found it was quite loose, as if it was not internally attached sufficiently ( I was grabbing it from the corner end of the moulded elbow area or top part that meets the window).

It feels as if you were to shut the door pulling on that instead of the door handle you could easily snap the whole top panel off (not that I would do that).

Anyway one else have this problem?

Was going to report it our dealer in case it could be tightened. Other doors are fine but do not feel 100% solid - i.e: room to loosen as well.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi alexanderson, not quite sure what you mean when you say where you rest your elbow? One thing I have noticed with the Kuga is,"with windows down" the massive gap between outer door skin and inner, normally the gap is just wide enough for the glassto move up and down in between, but with window down, you can fit your fingers through the Kuga outer/inner door skin window gap, is this what you mean?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bobuptown

Yes this is where I mean. Difficult to describe without knowing the technical names for the doors design but if you were to look at the door you would see the handle and following up near to the window lip there is a padded depression that is there to rest your fore arm (meant to say fore arm not elbow previously) - at least on mine there is. Then there is a gap and as you say big enough to wedge your fingers down between the skin and the window (window up or down).

The area that is loose is the top section from the window gap (being the padded area shaped to hold ones arm/ forearm). It's loose in a sense as it makes a noise or rattles internally while driving. It's as if I can imagine internally the skin needs to be attached near the window gap or the top section.

Overall seems like a poor quality design with room for damage.

I hope that makes sense?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have found out the noise coming from the door is oddly the window. When the window is up it makes a ratteling or creaking noise like plastic breaking. While in the drivers seat if you press your hand in the top right hand corner of the window I can recreate the noise. This is in reverese on the passenger side (top left hand corner).

It sounds like the window is making a noise while pressing against the seal that it slots in to, and only noticed when the vehicle is being shaken or force from changing gears.

Taking it in at the end of the month to get the illuminated scuff plates sorted so I will have them check the door skin to see if it is linked with the window noise.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i had this noise it turned out to be the door rubber seals. there is a lube [ cant remember the name]you can buy i done mine and noise gone . there is a topic on the forum about this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts