Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Picked up my Kuga today so so pleased, cant wait to go to work tomorrow but am worried about the width restriction i have to go through.

Do the mirrors fold automatically? or do you have to fold them in by hand?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi there! Depends if you specified the folding mirror option or not. The mirrors will fold in electrically when the door-mounted switch next to the driver's door handle is operated. If there is no switch then you will need to give them a tug!

The car looks bigger than it is, it will just need a bit of time to get used to the high driving position which make placing the car on the road a bit difficult to begin with.

·
Registered
46 Posts
G Man said:
Hi All
Picked up my Kuga today so so pleased, cant wait to go to work tomorrow but am worried about the width restriction i have to go through.

Do the mirrors fold automatically? or do you have to fold them in by hand?
Hi G Man

welcome to the site. I picked mine up yesterday too.
Mine has front parking sensors, don't trust myself!

I have electric folding mirrors too. Switch on drivers door as Quatro states.

DrC

·
Registered
227 Posts
I agree quatro... The Kuga is quite difficult to judge to start with. It takes quite a while to get used to the fact that it isn't much wider than a family hatch. It has Focus underpinnings but is a bit wider. I have found myself allowing much more clearance than needed on the nearside. The walls around Snowdonia tend to be unforgiving! It's odd as one might think that the higher up seating position would afford a better view, but I think that the rounded edges of the Kuga and fairly big snout make it tricky to judge. Gauging your distance from the roadside as you are driving using the nearside wing mirror doesn't help much as they are of the banana shaped variety!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts