Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all as anyone upgraded to LED door mirror indicator lights?
Any advice would be great

·
Super Moderator
2,053 Posts
Forum search is your friend as there have been two threads about this in recent weeks.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi NigelB
I have done a serch, but can only find reference to bulb change, I was looking to change the complete lamps for one of the flowing sequence type.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I'm pretty sure someone posted an example of those flowing sequence lights in one of the LED bulb threads- a couple of days back?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Done it myself a while ago, there's nothing to it, about 10' tops, however since their dimensions are not quite right, they don't clip into place, they need a piece of double-sided adhesive to stay put. Other than that, they work perfectly, and for what they cost (about 25 euros) this is a very decent "upgrade"

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Ace
I took the plunge and have ordered a pair of lamps,
Any help with fitting instructions would be much appreciated.
Regards Dave

·
Registered
834 Posts
Really it's a 5' job, tilt mirror downwards, unclip mirror cover, unclip stock indicator, unplug it, plug in the new one (make sure you test for good connection by turning on hazards), test whether the new indicator snaps into place (if not, put a bit of tape between indicator and mirror casing), install mirror cover, tilt mirror into proper position, have a beer ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds a since, will post a pic when I have fitted my new ones.
Thanks for the fast reply

·
Registered
2018 ST line 2.0 tdci (120 ?)
38 Posts
Be brave removing the mirror glass. It's easy but people panic applying pressure

·
Registered
834 Posts
There's no need to remove the glass (although it just snaps onto the motorized base and it's indeed rather easy to remove) since just tilting it downwards gives you access to the two clips holding the cover in place

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New indicators arrived today, 10 minutes job to fit. Very happy with finished results
D92D3C8C-DAE3-4DBE-9FAA-9B4D90E6B913.gif

Reactions: David M and Ross J

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi catswisk2 can you tell me where you bought them the part number and price please as they look rather good. thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Kevjan I purchased the lamps.from flebay, see the link below they are quite good quality and have the ford logo and part no on the reverse of them. Not sure where they were made, but are reasonable for £19. I am pleased with them.
Regards Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Changed mine today. Had to file the clips on the back so they would clip into place.
Does the outer tip light up? That's the only cue someone traveling next to you has that your indicators are on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
looking into doing this myself, have seen some kits on ebay not sure if they are good value or whether they will fail at a later stage any links to where you got your from ?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I bought them on eBay see earlier post, they are working OK but time will tell about reliability!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts