Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of removing and painting the chrome trim satin black on the outside of the door, anyone know how these are fitted? i.e. glued, screwed, clips?

Cheers

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea cheers, just thought if they popped off easy like old fords then would be easy to paintEdited by: M9G

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I'm looking at doing the same, I'd suggest vinyl as well. Google 3M 1080 vinyl and you'll find lots of info. I've bought some, but haven't tried applying it yet.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Here's one door done next to the chrome trim. For my Mk2 the vinyl needs to be cut 24mm wide for the front and back door; 23mm wide for the trim piece on the rear window. A heat gun was used to stretch and form the vinyl around the curved trim on the rear window.

Edited by: murcod

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have vinyl wrapped before on various cars i have modded in the past so was easy enough to do, did mine with 3M 1080 satin black, I actually removed the trim and took it in doors, the curved piece going up the back fixed windows, the chrome piece unclips easy enough, also have done the chrome strip on the front of the bonnet and will be doing all the other silver bits aswell, having the wheels powder coated black and removing the roof rails aswell. Can get replacement plastic strips for the gullies in the roof that go from front to back but they are £140 for the pair so will have to save up for a bit

Edited by: M9G

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have vinyl wrapped before on various cars i have modded in the past so was easy enough to do, did mine with 3M 1080 satin black, I actually removed the trim and took it in doors, the curved piece going up the back fixed windows, the chrome piece unclips easy enough, also have done the chrome strip on the front of the bonnet and will be doing all the other silver bits aswell, having the wheels powder coated black and removing the roof rails aswell. Can get replacement plastic strips for the gullies in the roof that go from front to back but they are £140 for the pair so will have to save up for a bit

Edited by: M9G
did you take any photos of how to remove the trims?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Door chrome trim removal

seems like i remember that on the 1st gens that the trim is pressed in around the glass....but its been a while so im probably wrong, but if so how do you remove the glass rear quarter glass on a blazer?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts