Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

141 - 160 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
with my 235 45 19's looks like i'm pretty limited. Michy Crossclimates a no no as well as the Conti Allseason contact. Its the Goodyear Vector 4 as only one in my size

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
with my 235 45 19's looks like i'm pretty limited. Michy Crossclimates a no no as well as the Conti Allseason contact. Its the Goodyear Vector 4 as only one in my size
Is that because they are 19"? Nokians are the same for their Allweather, no 19"

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Quite a selection on black circles.com Steve, personally I have a set of 17”wheels with Nokians winter fitted , but luckily I do have space to store them

·
Registered
459 Posts
Goodyear vector 4 season Gen2 report

This is my 'half term' report on the Goodyear version of the all season tyre.
Swapped tyres front to rear - really because inner of rear tyres were wearing due to camber.

The thread depth, like most tyres started at 8mm.

Before I start, I do mainly (had a think about it) 20% motorway, 60% A roads, rest B roads & some off road.
This also includes towing, and I'm not one for driving like miss daisy to use a Forum quote.

Also fronts were misaligned for first 2500 miles which probably cost 0.5mm?

So fronts 1st: Been on 8200 miles, Outer 6.0mm, middle 6.25, outer 6. So pleased with that, wearing square and flat.
Inner edge with a ever so slight feather, outer more which is expected with the steering axle.

Rears: Been on 14800 miles, Outer 6.2, middle 6.5, inner 6. Polished and worn with slight graining on the inner edge.

Things to note: They do collect small stones, And are doing a good job in all weathers.

Pictures are both inner left, outer right.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
That's encouraging they seem to be getting an all round workout as well.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yep, they work hard on my Kuga.

Towing just makes the AWD work harder. Spreads the torque as said earlier on the forum.

·
Registered
459 Posts
SteveAWD - I have standard 17 inch kuga wheels on mine.

I got offered the Gen1's, but I always tend to go for the improved version.

Gen1's look a bit more of a full snowy and it was Goodyear's 1st attempt at a 4 season tyre.

I didn't fancy michey cross climate, but people like them on the forum. A personal thing.

At the time I got offered the SUV version but my tyre man could not tell me the difference as a new tyre.

I have later found out a harder more durable rubber compound to put up with the 'extra weight & demands of a SUV'.
Corporate talk of £30 more per tyre!

Also my tyres are the next weight rating up at 103. - as per attached picture. An extra ply rating.

I do run them at 37 psi, 2 above what ford says.

A good tyre and do everything, the question is how much of the performance drops off as they wear.... to be continued.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Shall we say oooo

·
Registered
266 Posts
Vectors now on. Look like a business tread pattern. Lets see how they perform

Now have four Conti Sportcontact 5's 235 45 19 for sale in classified section

·
Registered
459 Posts
I think they are a great tyre, Wait until a full wet day, they chuck the water out sideways.

Any slush... just throws it out.

If you can't wait for a snow tread pattern picture, drive over some wet sand.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Mad skier, they look quite aggressive on the shoulders when you look from the side view

·
Registered
459 Posts
Stroking newly fitted tyres … Its a disease I've had for years, motorbikes, cars and now the Kuga.

Could get treatment for it, but can't find a clinic!

There are very square as well to increase footprint, and fills the wheel arch up.

Scrub them in for 200 + miles then have a good look, the tread shows any mis alignment. The rears will wear on inside first due to rear camber.

I run mine (17in) at +2psi on front as mpg was suffering a little and wear as per underinflation.

Good luck with them, and report in for wear and performance for the 19in version. I am sure a slushy snowy tyre picture due!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Vectors now on. Look like a business tread pattern. Lets see how they perform

Now have four Conti Sportcontact 5's 235 45 19 for sale in classified section
Interested in how you get on selling them. I’ve currently got 235/35/18’s that have done 5000 miles but am going to ditch them for all climate tyres.

·
Registered
44 Posts
All season tyres just cant compete with pure winter tyres in snow. All season tyres cant compete with summer tyres in summer. Horses for courses i suppose. Ive just ordered 2 sets of syron winters for the kuga and my mercedes c250. First time ive tried winter tyres in 35 years of driving.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
All season are still going to be a good compromise, difference in making progress and not at all I'd imagine.

·
Registered
459 Posts
All wearing evenly with 6mm left. Over the weekend noticed this on the front drivers side. So not just the micheys known for a bit of torn tread.

Could be anything on the road really, and something to do with my right foot!
I think it is a one off, and no others are showing similar signs of grief.

P1060549.JPG
P1060548.JPG

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello

I got a kuga 1.5d with the latitudes on 235 55 17

Since i live in the portuguese coast and, don't offroad, and we got no snow here (never ever), which tyres can i use to replace the OEMs, which suck a bit on wet??

E.g., can i use a Eagle F1 Asym 5 on the Kuga?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello

I got a kuga 1.5d with the latitudes on 235 55 17

Since i live in the portuguese coast and, don't offroad, and we got no snow here (never ever), which tyres can i use to replace the OEMs, which suck a bit on wet??

E.g., can i use a Eagle F1 Asym 5 on the Kuga?
any tyre that's the same size is suitable..... just remember that not all the animals are equal with some being better than others. tyres always comes down to a choice and trade off... the higher performance usually means a higher cost.

I never scrimp on tyres (EVER).

141 - 160 of 164 Posts