Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

101 - 120 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Where did you get them?.....please.
I got mine from MYTyres https://www.mytyres.co.uk/ be prepared for delivery delays this time of year though, mine took about 3 weeks and arrived in 2 separate deliveries. Havent had any snow to try them out yet though, although I have been driving with them the last 3 to 4 weeks and all is good so far.

Ron

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
My wife arrived home this afternoon and noticed a rear tyre was slightly low. It had a screw almost at the edge of the tread. I popped down to my local tyre dealer and conformed a new tyre required after he had take the tyre off the rim to make sure.

A lady came in in a Micra, and followed by her husband or partner n a transit and they left the Micra for something to be done with the tyres I guessed.

I just happen to notice that the off side front wheel which was turned out looked like it had Michelin Crossclimates, fitted, it did, at the front, and on the rear it had Cooper CS2 tyres. Oh what a giveaway. All the tyers looked OK, so I wonder if they were having the rears replaced.

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
He really needed a shovel.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Is that the best way for him to shovel snow :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have put 2 Michelin Crossclimates on the front,as I had 2 slow punctures in the front and rear passenger side tyres both happened in days of each other,could not get them repaired,had to get 2 new tyres so I went for the Michelin’s.I didn’t think the warranty company would pay for them,but they did.

·
Registered
459 Posts
For a tyre to be snow tyre rated has to have the snow flake symbol on,

This surpasses the M+S rating (Mud & Snow)

Well these chugged through a bit of mud yesterday no myther. the AWD system is clever deciding which wheel to use for grip.

Of course, grip in mud is only as good as tyres, and too much throttle, and it is a instant stop, as tyres fill up, but still impressed.

the Michey Latts would have struggled, just filled up.

(Myther - a Lancashire term - no problem)

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Guys, the mildest winter for many a year and the 'do I need winter tyres' thread rolls on.

We ran a M240 BMW last winter and through the beast of the east with no issues whatsoever, just drive safely and to the road conditions and your 'summer' tyres will get you through without having to splurge out cash on winters.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
That may be so, but after experiencing the difference between summer and winter rubber, my opinion won’t change, winter tyres every time. Yes there is an initial expense, but compensated by the fact that you’re doubling the mileage on the summer tyres, and winter grip n handling is greatly enhanced as a lot of forum members have found out

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I knew you would enrage the winter tyre owners, I can see em all, choking on their brews and gasping at the cheek. Lol.

I agree to a point, but and there’s always a but, I find it’s nit usually the setting off that’s the point, it’s stopping!

You know that gut wrenching feeling as you slide or slip and you start to speak louder and louder no, nO, NO, NOOO!

I’ll try to put a clip on from earlier this year and after the event I had to change my grundies (northern slang for underpants).

I’m still looking and might have some in sight......

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
So here you are.

Dual lens camera. Tit x sport, 16 plate on 19” continentals suv summer tyres.

Beast from the east.

Advanced driver to the hilt, every vehicle you can drive on her majesty’s road, shite without the right tyres!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
For the mo I can’t get it to upload. I’ll keep trying, just shows, anyone can be caught out.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
That looks like Holiday Inn Queens Drive at Roundwood Phill and its a downhill too. You followed the path of someone else too.

You'll know Bramley Lane from Woolly edge across the M1. Boxing Day 2014 late evening the snow came down and on our way back from Notton, just turned onto Bramley Lane had to stop on the hill because someone attempting to come up hadn't quite made it and was turning round. Emergency stop no problem. Two other drivers in my car (wife and Daughter) and we were all amazed how we stopped to allow the guy in front to turn round. Was I thankful for the winters.

Passed four people trying to push a BMW up the slight hill and bend into our Village from Midgley (you know where I live). I did feel embarrassed.

The videos on here clearly say it all.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Can we have a kuga snow tyre meet up in Austria to find out?

https://walls.io/s/nH16o instagram vid

Going soon and my Kuga parked at Liverpool airport as well!

(If it snows 19 - 26 Jan and my snow tyres are in a Liverpool airport car park I'll be rit mad!)

101 - 120 of 164 Posts