Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as it says above never changed rears in my life have done plenty of front on my cars over the years but never the rears
so does hanbrake need to be off to do this???

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,331 Posts
Manual or electric handbrake. Yours is the same year as mine which has manual handbrake. If you don't release the handbrake you are not going to be able to get the caliper off the disc.

You will need a windback tool and the one you can buy over the counter by Hilka etc that say fit Ford, don't fit the Kuga. Something like this should have the right adapter for winding the pistion back in. You can do it with long nose pliers but it hurts and takes ages. Both pistons wind in clockwise. I believe electric handbrake just push back in but you have to put the handbrake in service mode.

New 22pc Universal Disc Brake Caliper Piston Rewind Wind Back Tool Kit Set UK 6924517936352 | eBay

Reactions: NigelB

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Manual handbrake cheers
i have this tool for fronts which i use with a fat socket for front caliper and which has an adapter for rears ive been told pictured below
2nd pic is the only adapter i have it has 2 different prongs on each size

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers mate thats a good price for them might have to grab that

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,331 Posts
cheers mate thats a good price for them might have to grab that
I think that link is out of stock now but there are plenty more. Just make sure you pick a UK seller or you could be down to metal by the time it arrives.

If the adapter you have has pin centres around 18mm it will fit the rears. I can't remember the exact size but it's either 18, 19 or 20mm.

If you are changing the rear discs then chances are you will need a T12 torx female socket. I bought a set from screfix for £10.99 I think. Only 3/8" drive but they are fine.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Manual handbrake cheers
i have this tool for fronts which i use with a fat socket for front caliper and which has an adapter for rears ive been told pictured below
2nd pic is the only adapter i have it has 2 different prongs on each size
Thats the same tool I used on my Mk1.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts