Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Mk2 Titanium 180 4x4
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the two nearside wheels professionally repaired a few week ago. Went on holiday and while in a carpark I hit a kerb marked a wheel, im mad at myself as I am usually very carefull and especially mad as the have just been done.

so has anyone tried a DIY repair kit, cant afford to have it done again, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
How large an area is damaged? If you can get the correct colour paint and it's a small mark you should be able to repair it yourself so it's hardly visible. If there's a gouge fill it with some body filler (or similar) first. Even a thick dob of paint might suffice. Clear coat sprayed over the repaired area will help hide it too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update
I was trying to get a colour match, so I contacted the guy who did the refurb, he asked if I was at home and he would drop some off, not only did he do that, he touched up the damage!!
He did a brill job big thanks to Marcus from PMS Chesterfield, Derbyshire
IMG_20200915_144727733~2.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PS he also gave me some touch up paint!!😁

·
Registered
630 Posts
There are some real nice people out there.

Well done to Marcus.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
That's a great result. I remember one time I had just picked my car up from having a dent repaired and a piece of wood got thrown up by a lorry and dented the front wing. I went back to the paint shop later in the day and said I bet you haven't had anyone back in so quick for another paint repair and he said the record was a woman picked her car up and 5 minutes later was back in as she had reversed into a bollard in the paint shop car park.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep would definitely recommend, I asked my wife to ask for recommendations on FB only reply was for the local Ford dealer, the website for the Smart Repairs led me to him, he offered me a time and I told him that we were going away the day before so he asked if I was available later that afternoon so he came and did it before we went on holiday, can't thank him enough (tipped him twice) top bloke

1 - 7 of 7 Posts