Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys
What would you do?

On the 21st Jan, put down a £2000 deposit for a pre-registered Kuga. Last Friday I was asked to get a cover note so that it could be taxed, which I did.

Still no sign of it.

Have phoned the so called Senior Sales Rep, but no reply have emailed with no reply.

Going to the gararage tonight to see what is going on.

But what would you do? Cancel the order and ask for the deposit back or hold fire until it arrives.

Very dissapointing, especially as I doubt very much that there are that many people at the moment prepared to hand over £20.000 plus for a new car

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Davie,

I am assuming the insurance was through Ford? I was asked to register for the free 7 days cover so that the dealer could register (and in my case apply for VAT free sales) in advance of me picking up the car. They gave me their dealer number, which I gave to the Insurance people and they then sent it straight to the Dealer, via the number. It arrived the next day. If the insurance people gave you a reference number, maybe give them a ring to see which dealer they sent it to?

If your cover note is through your own insurer, then give em a ring and get them to fax it to the dealer direct?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update

Went and spoke to sales rep. It is now arriving in the Uk as we speak, even though I was told that it was in a compound somewhere Down South.

Was told when I put down my deposit that they could retro fit the Roof Rails, now been told that they can't. Any ideas people? Anyone had it done by Ford.

Mine comes with 17" alloys and asked if I paid the difference could they be upgraded to 19".

Fords Reply. No Chance.

As they would say in Scotland Pish Poor

·
Registered
38 Posts
Pish Poor indeed and the roof rails can be retrofitted as I enquired about them for mine. Worked out cheaper to get a towbar for my bike rack in the end though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
If it's any consolation I was also told that I could either have a car at very short notice but would not be able to change the spec at all, or I could order exactly what I wanted and it would be 10-12 weeks. At least my expectation was set, rather than finding out the unpleasant way.

I opted to accept something almost exactly to my specification that could be mine within a week. I have to say, I'm still well chuffed with it.

In your post, you said it was pre-registered...how can it be if it is still arriving in the UK? My dealer was equally sneaky telling me my unregistered vehicle was arriving in the UK when I knew all along it was sat in Coventry. Whatever though, I got it on the day they promised.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm getting a bit of conflicting pricing on the roof rails.

The dealer I'm buying from has quoted me £460 to supply & fit the roof rails, however I called round some local Ford main dealers today and got quoted between £270 and £315 parts and labour including vat, so think I'm going to get it done locally (I assume that if they quote you a price when booking it in they have to stick to it). Apparantly the dealer fit roof rail kit is £174.50 plus vat and the labour charge was for between 0.7 & 1 hours.
Edited by: Vorbis

·
Registered
153 Posts
I can't believe the dealer won't sell you 19" alloys, are they not a dealer fit option as well as factory fit? Also seems strange that other dealers have quoted you fitting for the roof rails, does your dealer not want to sell an add-on's!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
My dealer quoted to fitupgraded alloys, but quote was £1000 as I pressume there is no trade in for the standard ones already fitted.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm sure the dealer will sell 19" alloys, just notfor the option price. They'll sell them for the dealer supply price plus, of course, a set of 19" tyres. That's way more than the £587 or whatever the option price is now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well at least hopefully next week, I will have it, although minus the roof rails and the 19" wheels.

Other than that the spec is how I wanted it.

I think, if anyone is looking to buy one of these, that you wait and get the exact spec that you want. Dilema though when they inform you that you can have one, which is almost identical, like tomorrow.

Filthy, certainly is Pish Poor. Take your deposit and then never here from them again. Bet they have taken a direct debit payment too, for a car I don't actually have yet.

Sales Rep told me he could fit roof rails supplied and fitted for £350 which I didn't think was too bad.

Trouble is none of them there have fitted them before and they clearly don't know what to do, so was advised not too chance it.

ilove, think he was pulling the wool over my eyes, and unfortunately I fell for it.

Vorbis, as above that was the price of the roof rails I was quoted. He did mention he had some concerns about drilling holes those, so I would consider having it done seriously, and only by a dealer that knows what they are doing.

Rich

Pain in the back side about the alloys. Thought they could simply take the 17" back unused and put them on another Kuga. But not having any of it.

Been told that a set of 19" Ford Alloys will be around the £1500 mark with tyres.

Still tempted to get them though. Guess some people are stupid when it comes to cars.

Look out for a set of brand new 17" alloys on Ebay in the not too distant future

·
Registered
106 Posts
all these dealers care about is shifting cars...most are pre registered and dealers dont like changing specification unless they can find one in stock...............best thing to do is call there bluff and order one to be built as i did......they told me it could be up to three months to wait....which would have taken it to the end of august last year...but low and behold it turned up mid way through july with everything that i ordered on it

·
Registered
153 Posts
I was getting the same story from the first dealer I tried, really pushing me towards a model they had onsite already but wasn't the right colour or spec and neither were they doing an amazing deal. Went to a second dealer (and a local single franchise) and they couldn't have been more helpful, factory ordered to my exact spec and ready within 4 weeks. But it does look like there are lots and lots pre-built ready (or nearly) ready to go.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
When I was looking at getting my Kuga, the dealer told me before I do anything, is to sit down and work out exactly was I wanted on the Ford web site where you can configure the car that you want, and you can also see the price as well, the reason for this is that adding on extras after will be a lot more costly than getting the done by the factory, Once he knew what I wanted he would search the ford web site to see if there was one in Britain already with those specs which there was not, He ordered one to be built in German, this was a week and a half back, I was told that the car will be at the my dealers on the 21<SUP>st</SUP> February, this was not the dealer saying this but Fords

Woody

1 - 18 of 18 Posts