Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
I think I will be well retired or dead before Europe lets us go. A united Europe against a tiny little island sited between the North sea and Irish sea. The way I see it is Europe holds not only all the aces but all the cards as well leaving us with just the jokers and we know who they are don't we. I have tried not to have an opinion on Brexit one way or the other but just tired of seeing it and hearing it in the news and personally we don't stand a chance because all Europe have to do is say NOPE, you're not having that or NOPE you're not doing that and there's not a **** thing we can do about it. They will be hoping that we will have another referendum and then we may do a best of three or could be a best of five until such point as someone decides enough is enough. We made a decision to leave so let's leave but it's not going to happen. The conservatives can't get it done so in December we will get a labour government. Corbin will give the public a referendum as the previous one was done under conservative. We will vote to stay as we are all fed up with it as we know we can't cut a deal with Europe, and the rest of the world will laugh and wonder what all the fuss was about. What a waste of public money.

Bet you're glad Australia has its independence from not as Great as it was Britain. Maybe I could apply for a visa and come and stay and not worry about how I am going to get my goods from Ireland to England. I work for an Irish company and deal with suppliers from Northern Ireland, Southern Ireland and England and OMG, it's going to be one administrative mess.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Kuga Party .. Hmmm.
Going to Canada soon .. will tackle them about that one..
Make Ripperoo's MPG the 1st topic of the new PMQ's!
Sky TV ? Not for us, we go to a non TV pub & talk to each other. Last world cup was ACE!
As for the French.... Am I on the Barley wine or need them blood pressure tablets?
I was trying to give Psshaw an idea for one of his threads. Politics though so could be awkward. I think all the chat about red diesel has turned me into a Communist. Oh eck....

Evidently Camelot sold our lottery to a Canadian teachers pension fund so profits go there. Same with Centre Parcs. That was sold and think that was Canada as well. Be interesting to know if both companies pay UK tax. I missed that from my manifesto......

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Dear Kugonians, Smartgug69 and Riperoo.

Having pondered, dissected, self debated and considered the Sunday morning thread starter from your indulgent, suggestive and provocative and Michael taking of Riperoos predicament (bless him, he needs to see a therapist), I cannot and will not allow myself to become embroiled in any religious conversations. Nor will I allow my self to do the same with regards to any political statements, bias or negativity on any of the incompetent parties that have reduced the grandfather of democracy to a laughing stock of the world. A democracy that should value and follow its voters wishes to the end. Not for them to actually disrespect those voters and go in the totally opposite direction and think they have done nothing wrong and to go with the side that was 48% against the 52% majority.

I won’t do it, I won’t. I’ll have to think of something else or I might just let us all have some piece.

Just saying, don’t take it to heart, it’s just a rant. I’ll take my BP meds in the morning and I’ll be fine. 120/80 Riperoo to you.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Anyhow back to thread... Just to clarify about the AdBlue point earlier.

Adblue is sprayed as a mist in the exhaust fumes after the DPF. It then acts as a liquid catalyst with a catalytic convertor to produce 'nice' gases for people to breathe in.

The Kuga does not have this system, it uses a bit of diesel to burn / clean the catalytic convertor.

Now my next point: Anybody noticing adblue containers littering lay bys, and all that plastic. The greens not mentioned that yet.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Your right. BP do it at the pump now. Not that I need it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Aye, bit late but yeah the rate of duty you pay actually varies depending on usage, and the amount you buy. I believe you pay 20% on 205 litres or 5% on anything above it

·
Registered
4 Posts
AND, polution in cities comes from vehicles in traffic jams, stopping and starting, stop the jams, REDUCE polution ????
I saw a sign in my local town saying a tram takes 150 cars off the road. Unsure on the validity of that... regardless, yeah..

heard of HVO fuel? It's apparently 90% greener and is good for engines. It's a direct replacement, but it costs a bit more...

·
Registered
4 Posts
We will ALL need to eat a lot of chips to make HVO more widely available as it's made from recycled vegetable oil.
haha, perhaps.
Unfortunately, I don't think they used oil chip oil, I think they get most of it from source, some from ethical palm.. unsure... I'm willing to eat extra chips regardless to help the cause!

There is some info here:

·
Registered
136 Posts
And have our roads smelling of mobile chip shops...nice! :unsure:

41 - 55 of 55 Posts