Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We are all to blame, Diesel engines drivers.
We should be ashamed of ourselves whilst little Greta-saves the planet. By the way ho did she get back from America.
Anyway on you heads in shame....

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come on, want some milk, bread, an ambulance.
Give us a credible sustainable affordable alternative that we can use, now where there is an infrastructure ready to use.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exemptions when it suits. Still polluters tho. Two faced double dying sneaky objectionable name makers.

Why not have alternated days or petrol and diesel or a colour scheme.

I just give up. I can see the reasoning behind it but chop the leg off and have done approach always sucks and usually hurts a certain amount of people.

A say I’m reet wound up now.......

·
Registered
118 Posts
It was on the news the other day, first item, Mothercare and other high street shops closing, the second item was Bristol and the ban on all diesels. There will be loads of people if they can’t drive somewhere to park and shop they will go elsewhere. Public transport is still not good enough to tempt people away from cars, we do not have the power stations or local infrastructure for electric cars and never will. It must be really sickening if you travel to or thro Bristol and have just purchased a new diesel. But this is just the start, loads of towns and City’s will now follow suit.

·
Registered
599 Posts
The future will be electrification, mainly from solar (an abundant energy source) coupled with storage, and whatever gas, liquid or solid fuels are used will be renewable (like hydrogen or synthetic biofuels will depend on electricity). We are in a transitional phase, but our grand-children (after 2050) will live in a totally different world from us. Until then, we are all still searching for possible (best ?) ways to get there....

·
Registered
316 Posts
We are all to blame, Diesel engines drivers.
We should be ashamed of ourselves whilst little Greta-saves the planet. By the way ho did she get back from America.
Anyway on you heads in shame....
Greta went to the states in a "yacht" However, it's carbon footprint was huge... It was the equivalent of a F1 car, made of kevlar/carbon fibre/epoxy/aramid and every other oil based exotic material you can think of... Talk about two faced!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
.....and how did she get back!
No coverage of that, is there.
Here we are as a country cutting our carbon footprint cos it’s the right thing to do but it affects all of us.
But others countries just don’t give a S**T.
By trying to be world leaders in such things we leave our flanks open to a kicking in the ribs.

·
Registered
387 Posts
If you can't drive your diesel into Bristol, just get a taxi in. A diesel one.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Perhaps just give Bristol a miss and if other cities follow suit then more shop closures and less business rates for the councils. Public transport isn't effective in most cities and even worse if you live on the outskirts of a city like I do. At least we have amazon and most of the shops I want to go to are on the retail parks. If our government want to promote electric cars more then they should ensure they are cheaper to buy and take back the electricity companies they gave away under Thatcher.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The diesel problem was the direct result of government stupidity in promoting diesels for the last 20 years although the problem of particulate emissions was well known. So diesel owners then suffered from unreliable DPF technology and are now being penalised by over zealous councils. People who bought diesels should be compensated by the government, and no I have no axe to grind as I have avoided diesel vehicles having always been aware of the particulate emissions problem.

I do not blame the diesel owners as the EU forced manufacturers to increase production of diesels, with the result that trying to buy a petrol vehicle was very difficult. I am still running a 20 year old Volvo 2.4 petrol auto (as well as the Kuga) because, whilst I sought an identical but newer replacement on several occasions over time, only diesel engines were made. If Bristol are banning the latest Euro6 engines I do not know what their problem is. Probably virtue signalling coupled with technical ignorance.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Makes you wonder though how governments are influenced by big business. I am not sure how far advanced car design is in terms of years but if it's millions possibly billions of pounds into the future then car manufacturers wouldn't be expected to absorb sudden losses caused by quick government decisions. Our own government made it more beneficial to run a diesel car from 2001 when it must have been known how harmful diesel emissions are when cold and it was another 7 years before the bothched attempts of the dpf became mandatory. Same with the cathode ray tube for TVs. We had LCD and LED technology in the 70s but it was years before that technology finally came into our living rooms. It is as though tomorrow's technology is available today but we can't have it because manufacturers have billions of pounds tied up in stock. One thing that hasn't moved on too much though is fuel efficiency. I wonder why.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Perhaps just give Bristol a miss and if other cities follow suit then more shop closures and less business rates for the councils. Public transport isn't effective in most cities and even worse if you live on the outskirts of a city like I do. At least we have amazon and most of the shops I want to go to are on the retail parks
On a couple of local FB groups I'm on (that are supposed to be slanted towards history) there are endless moans about the council being solely responsible for the changing character of the city centre, but I can seriously see this being another thing that changes the face of retailing. Depending on where the access limits are set for diesel bans, I can see new shopping parks being conveniently placed just beyond them

·
Registered
745 Posts
[
Greta went to the states in a "yacht" However, it's carbon footprint was huge... It was the equivalent of a F1 car, made of kevlar/carbon fibre/epoxy/aramid and every other oil based exotic material you can think of... Talk about two faced!
As I have said before, the recent drive to be seen to be environmentally friendly by the great and the good is pure bull5hit!

I've said it before, but my personal opinion is that there are just too many people on the planet!

With more and more of them with nothing better to do that to spout and re-spout this supposedly, "Science-Led" garbage.

Pollution? Are we not the cleanest we have ever been since the industrial revolution?

We now have wind farms, solar farms, DPF, EGR yadda yadda yadda! You can only go so far, before you start travelling back to the stone-age as ER want us to do FFS!

.........and as for Global warming, climate change or whatever the current buzzword/phrase is, well I've always thought it may be cyclical.

But there's no money to be made from something that you cannot change (nature), so new buzzwords/phrases were needed to to make people think there is something that can be done.

Funny how these things that can be done is gonna cost everyone a dollar or two! Hmmmm!

I mean how far do you go?

I think those massive gyms should be banned as they allow people to keep fit, but it costs a fortune to keep the lights and heating on, when they could be outside running, cycling (on a cycle track) in the wind and rain to help the environment.

Saying that, cycling on the main road should also be banned as it caused too much pollution!

Stay with me..................

What happens when you have one cyclist on a main road causing a huge tailback due to the other road users not being to safely pass?

Well, you have one person "doing his bit", but in doing so, restricts the movement of up 20-30 other people who are probably driving a diesel car, van or lorry.

This basically just causes all vehicles involved to pump out more noxious fumes than necessary all the time they are behind the cyclist due to those vehicle not being to operate at maximum efficiency.

Like I said, how far do you go?

Better still, these green idiots should STFU and channel all their wasted energy into something more beneficial to mankind that doesn't involve making things harder for mankind!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And if they do it’ll be another city that will become partially deprived and spawn the “pound shop “ rise.
just like Wakefield. What a dire place to wonder around.
homeless people in tents in door ways and a lack of people holding their head high.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Riperoo, I’ll send you some of my RAMAPRIL blood pressure medication.

You’ll be good for quite a good few vents them mate and won’t have to fear that your eyes will bulge out and copious amounts of blood oozing from you nose and ears.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Riperoo, I’ll send you some of my RAMAPRIL blood pressure medication.

You’ll be good for quite a good few vents them mate and won’t have to fear that your eyes will bulge out and copious amounts of blood oozing from you nose and ears.
No need! I feel alive when I go off on one! I love stress! Seriously!

Personally, I think losing it and venting is good for you! It's the ones that bottle it up that end up a babbling wreck in the corner with a straight jacket on, popping Prozac! LOL

·
Registered
443 Posts
Now now chaps... The devils fuel is RED diesel, made from recycled sump oil, hydraulic oil, and other stuff under the oil refinery. 1: If you use it in a Kuga, it will be ill. & 2: you might get free B&B by her majesty for the privilege.

As for blood pressure, I use a natural remedy : Home brew barley wine @ 8.5 % will sort you out. Like oxtail soup bit different! (clean your brakes as well?)

(and no, not tried running the Kuga off it!)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts